Todd Rundgren / Utopia

Started by The Cosmic Lawnmower, November 17, 2008, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Well I started the same thread on the old board, so figured I do it all over again here.

Discuss the Toddmeister here!

Anybody going to The Forum gig in London on 23rd Nov? I shall be there, really looking forward to it too. The new album (Arena) is pretty much ingrained now so apart from those two covers he's playing on this tour, I should be pretty familiar with the set.

Cptncanary

I'll be there, with a Todd newbie in tow. This same chap will be Frost newbie on 20th December too  8-)
I've only seen Todd once before, at his last London gig at the RFH. I can't believe that was 2004!!!!  :shock:

Cptncanary

J Jonah Jameson

WISH I'd been there. Glad you had a good time.

My New Year's Resolution was to see more gigs.  Failed. But I Will Not Miss Magazine in London next February...!

JJJ

Cptncanary

Todd gave the impression that there may be more gigs in 2009  ;)

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Quote from: "Cptncanary"Todd.

London.

Genius.

Totally!

He's even cool when he falls over!!

Cptncanary

Quote from: "The Cosmic Lawnmower"
Quote from: "Cptncanary"Todd.

London.

Genius.

Totally!

He's even cool when he falls over!!
Hahaha, he's so quick, he's even fast, asleep  :lol:  :lol:

The Cosmic Lawnmower

The man is coming to the UK again this autumn with a gig in Manchester and three nights at The Jazz Cafe, London.... I'll be there for the last night in London on October 5th.

By the looks of the set lists for the US shows he's been doing this is set to be a cracking show, well worth the very reasonable ticket price...

....to see a genius at work, not 'arf!!

;)

Mouse

Oh, to live in/near London and have a decent paying job...  :(

Geetar

Mouse, yay!

As for Todd, well: been a fan since ..oh, only since 1974-ish. He's been a huge influence, and I'm still using his stuff as practice material more than 35 years later.

The real meaning of genius in my books as well. His voice is a bit on and off (see: "Live at Daryl's House") but it's always going to be about the songs.
This space for sale.

rogerg

saw him yonks ago around the time that Nearly Human cam out.  great, great show.

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Quote from: "Mouse"Oh, to live in/near London and have a decent paying job...  :(

As I mentioned, there is a Manchester show too, which I guess is a bit more doable from Hull.  ;)