Have to say I'm upset

Started by Liquid, December 13, 2008, 09:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquid

That Dear Dead Days doesn't appear to be about zombies. I was kind of hoping for two albums in a row and all. I mean, if you ignore the lyrics, it really could be. The name has plenty to do with dead things. The John Mitchell freak wall of voices could certainly represented a host of mindless flesh eaters.

Although, the idea of the song being about excessive nostalgia and seeming to rag on the whole hobbit scene is kind of funny.

That is, am I right? Or am I just confused again?

XeRocks81

I thought it was about some girl who was kidnapped?    And Wonderland is actually the sequel to Milliontown (right?)

Pedro

Quote from: "XeRocks81"I thought it was about some girl who was kidnapped?    And Wonderland is actually the sequel to Milliontown (right?)
You're right about Wonderland being the sequel. I'm sure I've heard or read about DDD somewhere but I don't recall right now.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Philadelphia

"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Liquid

Oh, strange. Didn't catch either of those. Interesting. I even read the lyrics and didn't come up with either of those conclusions. Neat. How is Wonderland a sequel to Milliontown?

XeRocks81

Quote from: "Liquid"Oh, strange. Didn't catch either of those. Interesting. I even read the lyrics and didn't come up with either of those conclusions. Neat. How is Wonderland a sequel to Milliontown?

it's more obvious in the album version than on the tour cd.  On the album Jem actually sings "Feeding the lifeforce of a Milliontown..."  or something to that effect.   And on the Cardiff bootleg before they play it he says it's about what happened to the zombie afterwards I think.

Pedro

I think Mr Jowitt also announced it as Milliontown part 2 during the gig at Rio's in Leeds.
While Jem says on one of the Frost* reports that most of the vocals are just the guide vocals that survived through to the final mix (improvised things that just "sang well") they do hint at lifeless things feeling alive.

wickedwitch

Quote from: "Pedro"lifeless things feeling alive.
*yawn* this morning i feel like a live thing feeling lifeless.  ;)

johninblack

Quote from: "wickedwitch"*yawn* this morning i feel like a live thing feeling lifeless.  ;)

Too much beer at the IQ gig?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "wickedwitch"*yawn* this morning i feel like a live thing feeling lifeless.  ;)

Too much beer at the IQ gig?
"Too much beer"?....who are you and what have you done with JIB?? :shock:  ;)

wickedwitch

actually i was sober as i had my camera ! I shall also be sober at the frost gig  :shock:  :?  8-)  all the better for getting those cheeky little pics of you all  :twisted:

i did stay up late to have a chat to hubby who returned from gigging at about 1:30 am.  sometimes you have to, otherwise its like ships that pass in teh early hours!