Main Menu

Frost*house

Started by Valhall, February 14, 2009, 10:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valhall

Damn ! The plot thickens...
...Whatever.

Mouse

He named one of the characters in Firefly after the Marillion song Kayleigh. Ah, Firefly - now that is good television!  8-)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mouse"He named one of the characters in Firefly after the Marillion song Kayleigh. Ah, Firefly - now that is good television!  8-)

Was never quite sure why Fish, a Scot, would feel the need to use the name Kayleigh rather than the proper spelling, Ceilidh (or céilidh or cèilidh, to be even more correct).

Of course, it might have been so it'd be more obviously pronounceable for the sassenachs south of the border, but it not exactly obvious that "-leigh" is something that would rhyme with "see" or "key" or "knee".

Good grief, what a language ... As for Fish, all I can say is ghoti!  :D

D S

If I recall correctly, Kayleigh was a former girlfriend of Fish's whose real name was Kay Leigh.  Effectively, he created a new name by merging her two names and now there are thousands of Kayleighs around the world, some of them now in their mid-twenties...  :shock:
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "D S"If I recall correctly, Kayleigh was a former girlfriend of Fish's whose real name was Kay Leigh.  Effectively, he created a new name by merging her two names and now there are thousands of Kayleighs around the world, some of them now in their mid-twenties...  :shock:

Well, it's one way of spreading progness, I suppose, although a somewhat long-term strategy  :)

Valhall

Mouse> speaking of Firefly, Summer Glau confirmed she will join season 2 of Dollhouse ;)
...Whatever.