Jem, PLEASE put me out of my misery!!

Started by Geddy Lee, November 20, 2008, 08:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geddy Lee

Quote from: "NoMeNoYou"Very excited for the big announcement. :mrgreen:

:shock:  :shock:  :shock: What big announcement???? :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

NoMeNoYou

Quote from: "Jem"Yes sorry, will do, I'm just dealing with something fairly significant at the moment, full announcement soon.

Jx

That one.

D S

Wasn't that to do with Andy's departure from the live drum seat?  At least, I presumed it was..  :?
Come on, you\'re a lion!

NoMeNoYou

RacingHippo

Seeing as I'm in on my own tonight, I've been spending my evening watching the Making of EIMA Frost* Reports on the DVD.
In a Feb FR, Dec flashes 3 lyric sheets at the camera - Falling Down, Welcome to Nowhere and Toys... I've been a complete fanboy and freeze-framed (froze-framed?) them to see if we can answer any of the questioned words in the lyrics thus far deduced.

What I have is:

Falling Down:
- It's definitely "Four reasons", not "For reasons".
- The sheet says "Stop putting hope in the way now"; it still sounds like "getting", so I guess that changed.
- Ditto "Not getting(/waking) up till I break down"
- Ditto "Time(/Words) will justify"

Welcome to Nowhere
- It's "Dead man, firehand"
- A truly pedantic point: "You'll leave us nothing"

Toys
- Pedro done got it right :)
- Lyrics say "The eyes say "aye", the head say "no"" - it's definitely the mouth saying it though.

God, I'm a geek.
* May contain nuts.

rogerg

anybody done up something nice with the lyrics?  like a cd-insert pdf all laid out nice like?

please?

LivingForever

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Welcome to Nowhere

Can you see the next line "I'm burning through / banished to your wonderland"?
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

RacingHippo

Quote from: "LivingForever"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"Welcome to Nowhere

Can you see the next line "I'm burning through / banished to your wonderland"?
Yep, definitely "burning through".
* May contain nuts.

catherine

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Seeing as I'm in on my own tonight, I've been spending my evening watching the Making of EIMA Frost* Reports on the DVD.
In a Feb FR, Dec flashes 3 lyric sheets at the camera - Falling Down, Welcome to Nowhere and Toys... I've been a complete fanboy and freeze-framed (froze-framed?) them to see if we can answer any of the questioned words in the lyrics thus far deduced.

Now that's dedication, RacingHippo. I'd spotted the lyric sheets and considered doing that, but haven't yet had sufficient free time.  Nice work!

Pedro

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Toys
- Lyrics say "The eyes say "aye", the head say "no"" - it's definitely the mouth saying it though.
Excellent work on all that RH.
I must confess I had some help with "Toys" (eternal thanks added to the pile in Jem's Thanks Tank and also to The Radiant Dec) but that line continues to trouble me a tiny bit.

Despite what the printed words say my ears keep hearing two alternatives in the track itself :-

"The eyes say 'aye', but I say 'no'...."
....which strikes me as "clever" with three appearances of the "eye/aye/I" sound.

OR

"The eyes say 'aye', the mind say 'no'...."
....which is in keeping with the printed concept of the eyes fancying the person but the head warning against.

I know that people will soon say "who cares, it's just a good song, for pity's sake stop over analysing everything" and they would be right....up to a point....but when you are trying to get a visual to match the lyric, it does kind of matter....a bit....  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"Toys
Excellent work on all that RH.
Thanks, Uncle P!

Quote from: "Pedro""The eyes say 'aye', but I say 'no'...."
....which strikes me as "clever" with three appearances of the "eye/aye/I" sound.
Hey... Ol' Jem missed a trick there. He could have had:
"The eyes say 'aye', the nose goes 'no'"!

Quote from: "Pedro""The eyes say 'aye', the mind say 'no'...."
....which is in keeping with the printed concept of the eyes fancying the person but the head warning against.
Having stuck this through headphones, I'm fairly sure you're right with that.

Quote from: "Pedro"...when you are trying to get a visual to match the lyric, it does kind of matter....a bit....  ;)
And when you're belting it out at full volume in the car at eig^H a law-abiding 70mph, it helps to know you're belting the same thing out as Dec is.
* May contain nuts.

Philadelphia

About Saline...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it "Find chill in mine" (or "mind" or even "mime" - still not sure what I hear there (see what I did with the here and the there? Ehrm, nevermind.)) the first two times and then changes to "Fine, chilled in mine/mind/whatever" the last time?
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mikey

Quote from: "Philadelphia""Find chill in mine" ?
Ugh !!! Mistletoe & Wine crossed my mind......shoot me please
I used to have a signature

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Philadelphia""Find chill in mine" ?
Ugh !!! Mistletoe & Wine crossed my mind......shoot me please

And now it's stuck in my mind! (:-/
I think I'll go for a walk and bring some good music, in an attempt to clear my poor head. Save me, Toys!
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

wickedwitch

Quote from: "rogerg"anybody done up something nice with the lyrics?  like a cd-insert pdf all laid out nice like?

please?

i've been having a conversation with tom about this. I can see the photos in my head but dont have a way to realize them, which is frustrating!

here's an easy one.