Frost*Bites 16th December 2012

Started by Nellie, July 09, 2012, 07:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RobRideout"Sorry to hear it, RWA :(

Would very much like to attend another post-Frost* curry. Was a belter after last christmas's Frost* do.

I hesitate to wish it on LFE again, since it seemed like a stressful affair, but it WAS great...

Can only agree wholeheartedly: someone needs to organise a post-gig curry, full stop. I'd do it myself, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm in no way a local and I suspect some on-the-spot negotiations might be needed to ensure that the restaurant will stay open to cater to us.

LivingForever

If nobody else will, I will do it again. But I won't even be able to start looking at it until about 3 weeks' time - so if you're worried that's leaving it too late...  ;)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Mikey

Quote from: "LivingForever"If nobody else will, I will do it again. But I won't even be able to start looking at it until about 3 weeks' time - so if you're worried that's leaving it too late...  ;)
Sold. The jobs yours :)
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "LivingForever"If nobody else will, I will do it again. But I won't even be able to start looking at it until about 3 weeks' time - so if you're worried that's leaving it too late...  ;)

A gentleman and a scholar.

Might be worth some discussion in advance to figure out a more foolproof way of handling the accounting this time though  ;)

sawtooth

Ooooh - Currytastic! Count me in!

From the experience of last time a few suggestions from Sawtooth's World of the Bleedin' Obvious:

A: Work from the eat in prices rather than the take out prices  ;)
B: Build an agreed tip into each dishs' price
C: Either each table pays individually for it's booze bill or we set up a modest separate tab for drinks which we can top up later into the evening?
That way there should be fewer surprises and early leavers would pay for a fairer share of the drinks bill.
D: We all keep a note of what we've ordered (I didn't have a clue by the time I arrived worse for alcoholic wear at the restaurant)  :D

Waddayafink peeps?
(And James - if you do succumb to the intense forum pressure to return to your exalted post of Curry Organiser, I'd like to say a big fankyou in advance and I can only echo RobRideouts comment, that last years curry was really GREAT for loads of reasons. I bow to your courage and foolhardiness!).  ;)  :D

RacingHippo

Good ideas from Mr Tooth, there.
I've (finally!) booked myself into the Travelbodge, so I'll definitely be currying :)
* May contain nuts.

Drarok

I would like to attend an infamous curry evening this time, please, sirs! :mrgreen:

sawtooth

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Good ideas from Mr Tooth, there.
I've (finally!) booked myself into the Travelbodge, so I'll definitely be currying :)
Which Lodge of the Traveller will you be staying at Hipster?

RacingHippo

Quote from: "sawtooth"

Why, that would be the Central one!
* May contain nuts.

DueyC

Quote from: "RacingHippo"

Wouldn't this one be more convenient?
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

sawtooth

Quote from: "RacingHippo"

I hope you've booked the Central one in London and not Kingston matey  :D

Is there 'owt wrong with the Kings Cross Royal Scot one - it's about half the price?

RobRideout

I'm bringing a non-forum friend this time, who's very excited by the idea of post-gig curry! Not to put too much pressure on the organiser... :P

Sorting out hotels soon as well, but I'm way to poor to get it done before the 20th, so I hope the one I'm looking at is still there by the time we get to then.

Mikey

Quote from: "RobRideout"I hope the one I'm looking at is still there by the time we get to then.
Lots of rebuilding work going on in the area
I used to have a signature

MikeEvs

Booked my train ticket today, going to hang on and wait till pay day for the hotel as I have a nice bonus on the way so might treat myself and stay somewhere nice :)

Nellie

I've just heard from Twang that this show is very nearly sold out. If you don't have a ticket yet, GET ONE!!!!
(Hello BTW) :lol:
It's in the post!