Wake up Rosetta!

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 10, 2013, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

I used to have a signature

owen

And then some. You lucky man. I found  a video of him doing that a while ago but to see him do it?  Brilliant

Mikey

Quote from: owen on October 09, 2014, 06:18:03 PM
And then some. You lucky man. I found  a video of him doing that a while ago but to see him do it?  Brilliant
There was a link on here somewhere

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

catherine

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on September 17, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

If Nells were to make some small, discrete enamel Frost*erisk pins...

As opposed to continuous ones? Dear me, TA. And I was thinking you were the soul of discretion, too.  ;)

RacingHippo

Buggering Norah, Mr Artist!

I was watching Neil Brand's Sound of Cinema series the other day, and he did a sesh with Mr V. In fact, he stood in pretty much exactly the same spot as you (and with the same expression of chuffedness*, too).
And as I watched it, I HAD to know what all of the knobs and buttons did! But had no possible way of knowing, as it's all very obviously custom.
So I had to put it down as one of Life's Great Mysteries.... until now!
You are an absolute hero, sir.

* It's a perfectly cromulent word.
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

Right !!!!!

I see your Vangelis and raise you......

err

err

bugger  :)

That's not far off a Royal Flush

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: catherine on October 14, 2014, 10:30:59 AM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on September 17, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

If Nells were to make some small, discrete enamel Frost*erisk pins...

As opposed to continuous ones? Dear me, TA. And I was thinking you were the soul of discretion, too.  ;)

It was an anagram. I need my pins to be discrete and discreet  ;)

Bloody editors  >:(

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: RacingHippo on October 15, 2014, 05:48:04 PM
Buggering Norah, Mr Artist!

I was watching Neil Brand's Sound of Cinema series the other day, and he did a sesh with Mr V. In fact, he stood in pretty much exactly the same spot as you (and with the same expression of chuffedness*, too).
And as I watched it, I HAD to know what all of the knobs and buttons did! But had no possible way of knowing, as it's all very obviously custom.
So I had to put it down as one of Life's Great Mysteries.... until now!
You are an absolute hero, sir.

* It's a perfectly cromulent word.

You never know; you might be able to buy it off him soon. He's having a new sooper-dooper one made, he told me; will put this one to shame.  8)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on October 15, 2014, 05:56:25 PM
Right !!!!!

I see your Vangelis and raise you......

err

err

bugger  :)

That's not far off a Royal Flush

No iPhone pictures to prove it this time, but it was filmed and so evidence may surface ...

... of me having a good long natter to a certain Jeff Wayne of War of the Worlds fame, when he visited us a couple of days ago. He was filming our ExoMars demo rover in our "Mars Yard", and apparently wants some of us to appear on stage with him (or in a panel discussion) at his gig in Amsterdam later this year.

Living the prog fan boy dream, eh ...  ;)

(Truth be told [sotto voce], I'm not such a huge WotW fan; had already moved on to the hard stuff by the time that came out  :P)

Mikey

Hang on, you're not supposed to raise your own bar  :) :)

Unless you're Sergey Bubka

rogerg

DueyC

Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

rogerg

gr8gonzo

Quote from: rogerg on October 25, 2014, 09:22:56 PM
Very very cool!!

What Roger said. Seriously. As someone who loves this kind of stuff, it's mind-boggling to me that we have someone here on this forum involved in this mission (and having no small part in it, I might add), and to have even the most tenuous association with Prof. McCaughrean is, without a doubt, humbling and just plain cool as hell.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around