Entire EIMA album now on eMusic.com

Started by LivingForever, November 15, 2008, 01:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gareth

^ That's a right laugh, that one is!

Tell that to Australia Post :D  

The street I live on was literally a river on Sunday avo, so yeah. When it does arrive I expect it will be soggy and covered in all kinds of dirt and soot.  :|

NoMeNoYou

No one's had any credit card issues, right?  No theft?

LivingForever

No.... not 2 years ago, not now either!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Mikey

Quote from: "LivingForever"And it's a perfectly reputable site like iTunes which has been going for years and years. In fact, I'll let you in on a secret, I actually had one free trial a couple of years ago, cancelled it immediately and never got charged a penny. Planning to do the same again with this subscription... don't tell anyone though.
But do the band get anything from it?
I hope everyone on the forum has ordered the album anyway, so our shekels are going in the right direction
I used to have a signature

James_S

Quote from: "Mikey"I hope everyone on the forum has ordered the album anyway, so our shekels are going in the right direction

I would hope everyone has too - I only did the emusic download because of the delay in getting the CD - I'm now on my 8th time through it :D

Highlights for me are definitely Welcome to Nowhere and Dear Dead Days. The secret song is growing on me too :)
So many keyboards, so little time!

LivingForever

It's a good question - and I felt okay about posting the link because I knew that most of the people here have already ordered the CD.

As far as I can make out, they should get just as much from each download as any other online music store (probably not much compared to a CD sale, but something at least.)

I doubt eMusic only pay royalties on tracks which people buy with their paid credits rather than free trial credits... seems like a real hassle to work out. Hope I'm not wrong!

Dave M

I cant see a definitive answer to this so ...

What happens when you cancel your subscription ... is the music coded somehow, or does it remain playable ?

If thats the case, why is it so cheap compared to itunes / seven etc ?
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

LivingForever

It remains playable... I still have my MP3s of Milliontown from the first trial!  :D

I guess it's cheaper because they mostly have independent labels on there, which I guess they can negotiate better deals with. Try finding the latest chart topping smash on there and you might be out of luck however...

turbo

well ive cracked i dont realy like useing these sites but ive downloaded eima i thougt its only fair as ive paid for the cd but still cant listen to it
?"By the beard of Zeus"