TPE missing songs

Started by owen, July 20, 2010, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen

Hello.

Had the DVD on last night as the boss was out, leaving me with ironing, kids, etc and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to TDL in all it's 5.1 glory. So much so that when the kids came downstairs to complain about the volume I sent them away without even a clip around the ear.

I then watched the videos. On the set list there were 2 missing songs: "No me no you" and "Secret song". Just wondered what happend to them? Dropped from the set, not enough room on CDs or just considered not good enough?

Oh, sorry, where are my manners? McVitie's Milk Chocolate Digestives, not dunked as that washes the choc off. Like choc Hobnobs too but the kids steal them all.

johninblack

Welcome to the forum, I see you've answered the important questions :D

Secret song - no idea why it's not there
No Me No You - I'm sure Jem said that it just didn't work, but in what way of "not working" I can't remember. I'm sure Jem will put us right when he has a moment 8-)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

johninblack

I tried to search No Me No You.........

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: you no me no.

Hell's teeth :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mooncat

I recall at some point Jem saying there were a couple of songs which 'should never see the light of day' as he wasn't happy with how they sounded/too many mistackes etc

Or have I dreamt that?
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

gr8gonzo

They did not perform "Secret Song." I believe the story on NMNY was that it was so horrific to Jem's ears that he couldn't salvage it to his satisfaction or somesuch. I don't recall it being bad at the time.

What IS missing, however, are the silly, prerecorded band intros from late in the set (not the silly, prerecorded band intro preceding the set). It would be fun if Jem made that bit available.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Jim Takacs

One thing that has me Wearing a flat spot on my forehead is, why was Toys Not Performed??  :cry: This may have been addressed elsewhere but I couldn't find it! :evil:
::I Like Cheese::

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Jim Takacs"One thing that has me Wearing a flat spot on my forehead is, why was Toys Not Performed??  :cry: This may have been addressed elsewhere but I couldn't find it! :evil:

I think Jem has said previously that Toys is fiendishly difficult to play live and he hasn't come up with a live arrangement that he's happy with at least I think that's what he said

gr8gonzo

Yeah, Jem's reasoning is basically that they've never been able to get it to sound quite right live. Dec's explanation was that there is no time to breathe.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Jem

The Secret Song was supposed to be the 2nd encore, but the powers that be at RosFest hauled us off after The Other Me because they wanted to get Lazuli set up and ready to go. What baffles me to this day is that Lazuli didn't go on for 2 hours after us. We had about a 45 minute turnaround from the band before us and we managed it fine, so... I don't really know why we got canned so quickly, is the answer to that. Shame really as we had a lovely outro planned, programmed and rehearsed.

No Me No You was ruined mainly by me singing it very badly. There are a ton of words to sing, plus Milliontown was really my first major singing assignment and as such my voice was very very green during the recording. Subsequently with more time and experience my voice has gone up a gear both in timbre and in key range so NMNY is actually now too low for me to sing with any power or conviction so it just kinda washed out onstage. Still, all part of the learning curve...

Mouse

It's a big shame about why there was no Secret Song. I love that song, I do. It was one of my (many) highlights at the Esoteric Evening, and I hope we've not seen or heard the last of it.  :)

gav

Quote from: "Jem"The Secret Song was supposed to be the 2nd encore, but the powers that be at RosFest hauled us off after The Other Me because they wanted to get Lazuli set up and ready to go. What baffles me to this day is that Lazuli didn't go on for 2 hours after us. We had about a 45 minute turnaround from the band before us and we managed it fine, so... I don't really know why we got canned so quickly, is the answer to that. Shame really as we had a lovely outro planned, programmed and rehearsed.

No Me No You was ruined mainly by me singing it very badly. There are a ton of words to sing, plus Milliontown was really my first major singing assignment and as such my voice was very very green during the recording. Subsequently with more time and experience my voice has gone up a gear both in timbre and in key range so NMNY is actually now too low for me to sing with any power or conviction so it just kinda washed out onstage. Still, all part of the learning curve...
I've always thought that your vocals sounded really low on Milliontown, I wasn't sure if it was down to clever production or if that really was your natural singing range... :?
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!