Waveform at the top of forum??

Started by Jim Takacs, June 21, 2012, 03:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Takacs

Has this been asked?  I couldn't find it in a search!  But what does it sound like?  I'm guessing "What Ho..... Right".
::I Like Cheese::

Pedro

LOL
Jem confirmed that it's "Frost*"...(the "*" is silent). :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gabrielkfl

It looks like an alien ship landing... then a scream...
That turtle on my avatar? Six hours to vector. Over six-thousand-friggin-anchor-points, scalable to any size losslessly, on a 65x65px avatar.

ich_bin_besser

Is there an easy way to transform words into such waveforms? And how can you find out what the waveform "says"?

I'm an avid geocacher and that might be a cool idea for a cache. Like, posting a waveform of numbers (coordinates) and cachers have to find out what it means. Or do you think that might be too hard to find out (for example, because it depends too much on the recorded voice)?

Know what I mean?
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

E.S.

Well, the easiest and most obvious way would be to record the words. And even then it will vary a lot depending on the voice. CD quality audio is 44100 samples (pieces of audio) per second, that leaves a LOT of room for nuances even in very similar sounding things. To decode waveforms in other ways than playback would be quite tricky.

Theoretically you can draw a song, it's only variations of sine waves after all. But good luck making anything other than noise and clicks. It's too complex. It would be easier to create a photo by dropping individual pixels of varying colour in Paint.  :shock:

Edit: Maybe I completely misunderstood, but anyway. Some late night banter for you.  8-)

ich_bin_besser

Danke, got you!  :)
Yeah, I thought there might be a problem with the nuances. It will be too tricky.
Went with numerical series, instead.  ;)
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste