The Philadelphia Experiment:Tell Ashleaze what you think!

Started by Pedro, June 18, 2010, 03:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Quote from: "geront"Dearest Ashleaze- I live in Maryland USA, got my t-shirt and CD/DVD set.  I have not stopped grinning since.... :)  I wore the t-shirt until I stank, I mean it stank, and finally have threatened to wash it soon.  I have played the CD's everyday going to work, at work, and coming home.  Seconds Out has been my favorite live performance ever until now.  When I first bought that album, the cover alone sent shivers down my spine.  Once I played it, I wore it out, replaying it over and over again.  Now, with this delightful surprise, I have found there is no music outside of Frost* live.  The recording is superb.  The performance is outstanding and brilliant.  The feeling of being an intimate part of it, having watched the original Frost reports as they came out, and then again with this release, I laughed like a madman, hysterically no less at times, in a high pitched, tight jockey brief sort of way, and can still not refrain from looking upon all boxes of cereal with a glee un-before imagined!  The packaging, the shirt, the quick delivery, and the memorable job done by Jem and the boys is well beyond my humble expectations of brilliance again, and now I ponder if I should simply not just send Jem more money....  I do believe he earned it!  :)  Thank you for such a wonderful and fantastic package, it truly did make my Father's Day! :)

Dearest Jem-  I think I owe you some pittance of cash...  I would send my first born, but it looks like you have a tribe of your own already sprouting about you!   I have told more than a few good friends and avid music lovers/musicians, that I believe you to be the most talented and brilliant composer/performer of my lifetime.  And then you release this lovely package, and I am now at a loss of how to explain you.   :)  I can't stop listening to TDL, I almost quiver to say this, but I think it might be my favorite Frost* song.  I thunders, it rocks, it squawks with estrogen screams.  Dear Lord good man, it has so much within it, and it can and does demand replay, over and over again.  I truly wonder if I can stand waiting for any crumbs you might throw our way, just salivating over more more more!  The new bottom end of Frost* just sent tingles to the most delicate places and lo, I was hard!! to keep that grin off my mug, as I pondered a sonic overture that sheared through all lethargy from the day and thrummed my very primal YEAH yell loudly to the Universe, screaming I LOVE THIS BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Please, continue to unleash thy torrent, as I ponder multiple subwoofers and stapled egg cartons on the inner roof of my car.... :)

Tony Geron

Now that is without doubt a marvellous first post and I heartily recommend it to be Post of The Week. :D
Welcome to the forum Tony.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

geront

A very fond THANK YOU to all!!!! :)  Truly a pleasure to be here!  And please forgive the never ending words, I do have a rather boisterous desire to share at times... LOL

Ah, I truly wish I could find the words to honestly convey just how absurdly gone I am at the moment of this writing... for YES, I am still listening to my Frost* live here at work!!!!  LMAO.   I've thrice attempted to kick my very own arse for MISSING TPE live and in person last year, so freakin' close to me and I couldn't make it there.  Never, ever, again.   I will sell said children and all other non Frost* goodies henceforth to make that happen!  Fanatic?  YES!!!!  Willing to enter voluntary enslavement at this point?  Absolutely.  :)

I do so love this forum as well.   Read last night till my eyes bled blue, was seeing floating unicorns with fiery red tails, leaping gaily over very dead and oil soaked Croaker fish near the end, and wondered had I read that in some post or had my mind finally snapped like the brittle twig it has been often mentioned as resembling.... :)   As it stands, I must satisfy myself now to simply volunteer to be the US Ambassador for our divine Frost*, and promise to uphold the Frostie Indecency Policy (FIP)... (I promise to learn just what a biscuit is, why I want to be one, and which one is the very best to choose from, all while not using said biscuits to harm any animals or bake with controlled substances within!! -- Cheers!!!)

Ugh, back to earning my pay with some work for the people that I've fooled into thinking me an inspired lad... :)

Hugs, back slaps, boot stomping and cowbells to All!

Tony Geron
www.tonygeron.com

Frost bitten and flea ridden, a scoundrel and scholar betwixt...

Paul

If you don\'t know where you are going, any road will get you there.

RacingHippo

Quote from: "geront"I promise to learn just what a biscuit is, why I want to be one, and which one is the very best to choose from, all while not using said biscuits to harm any animals or bake with controlled substances within!!

All you need to know about biscuits, biscuitry and the taking up the mantle of biscuithood can be found right here (together with tea, cake and the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything).
* May contain nuts.

Ash

Hi Geront!

Wow!  Thank you for telling me what you think in such a splendid way!
Ash
xxx

Nick The Newbie

Hi geront!

I'm from maryland, too. Let's get super drunk and put milliontown on repeat while breaking glass with our bare hands.

wickedwitch

i'd like to announce that i like Geront.

oops  wrong thread!

geront

Dear Dead Days,  I've joined this online forum that has, to say the least, a wondrous group of like minded souls, all a smitten with thine Frost.  Ah, my palms have itched, my fingers a twitch, longing to be back amongst you! :)  So yes Paul, you may.  lol (Under Universal Law U9927114.14, it is permissible to digest naughty draft or stem, should circumstance dictate.  Reference Hologram suppression Index FROST*).  

Obviously the above referenced law is in FULL usage and effect!  A warm smile and gentle bow to you all.  :)  I actually had joined the old Frost forum days prior to it going down, and may have posted once or twice, so in total honesty, an almost newbie!  

I'm now guessing the sacredly referenced biscuits are simply NOT what I get at the local Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits?  There is something better?  Certainly not.  Unthinkable.  Of course you would never dunk them in anything either, me thinks, when the one hand jam into the mouth will either choke you to death, or give you instant buttery delight.  Honorable mention goes to the local American Grill's Ozzie Rolls!!!!  Like a round donut/dough that is quick fried then served hot with whipped butter sprinkled with poppy seeds, and an ever handy bottle of honey.  Pure bliss and guaranteed to do bad things to arteries and loved ones.

I'm glad you can't hear me sing, while I Frost away.  It's actually not too bad to my own humble ears, but that one close but definitely off lyric or note can be classic and viscerally horrid all at the same time.  Was actually doing some singing out loud this evening on my way home, with window down no less, and lots of surrounding traffic.  I couldn't help myself.  And no one threw stones!  And no one threw stones....  Perhaps the congestive noise index exceed thy lung capacity??  I think NOT!  It was a frozen moment of divine magnitude, no less, that my angelic voice carried above and through, yes through, all congestive noise, and for one single moment, I FROSTED them all!!!!   HA!!!  Buggers! :)  I secretly implanted an etheric blueprint overlay, now giving them good musical taste!  It was the least I could do, I modestly must say.  Naturally, they will all now flock to Frost, and Sir Jem.   :)

I love Planet Frost.  I'm never leaving.  Ever.  You may see a cloud of smoke above my stead, but never fear, I'm a water sign, so I got that going for me... :)

What ho!  Tally Ho!!  And Cheers!!!!!

Tony Geron
www.tonygeron.com

Frost bitten and flea ridden, a scoundrel and scholar betwixt...

rogerg

Pedro

Never mind that, did you know that a 'biscuit joiner' is not a newbie on the Frost* forum at all? Sometimes also known as a 'plate joiner' (biscuits? plates? Getting hungry!), a biscuit joiner is a woodworking tool used to join two pieces of wood together. A biscuit joiner uses a small 100mm (4") diameter tungsten carbide tipped circular saw blade to cut a crescent shaped hole (called the mouth) in the opposite edges of two pieces of wood or wood composite panels. An oval-shaped, highly-dried and compressed wooden biscuit (usually beech) is covered with glue, or glue is applied in the slot. The biscuit is immediately placed in the slot, and the two boards are clamped together. The wet glue expands the biscuit, further improving a bond that is often stronger than the wood itself.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

* May contain nuts.

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "Pedro"Never mind that, did you know that a 'biscuit joiner' is not a newbie on the Frost* forum at all? Sometimes also known as a 'plate joiner' (biscuits? plates? Getting hungry!), a biscuit joiner is a woodworking tool used to join two pieces of wood together. A biscuit joiner uses a small 100mm (4") diameter tungsten carbide tipped circular saw blade to cut a crescent shaped hole (called the mouth) in the opposite edges of two pieces of wood or wood composite panels. An oval-shaped, highly-dried and compressed wooden biscuit (usually beech) is covered with glue, or glue is applied in the slot. The biscuit is immediately placed in the slot, and the two boards are clamped together. The wet glue expands the biscuit, further improving a bond that is often stronger than the wood itself.

Would it be a particularly sad admission, if I said I actually have one of these?

Pedro

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"
Quote from: "Pedro"Never mind that, did you know that a 'biscuit joiner' is not a newbie on the Frost* forum at all? Sometimes also known as a 'plate joiner' (biscuits? plates? Getting hungry!), a biscuit joiner is a woodworking tool used to join two pieces of wood together. A biscuit joiner uses a small 100mm (4") diameter tungsten carbide tipped circular saw blade to cut a crescent shaped hole (called the mouth) in the opposite edges of two pieces of wood or wood composite panels. An oval-shaped, highly-dried and compressed wooden biscuit (usually beech) is covered with glue, or glue is applied in the slot. The biscuit is immediately placed in the slot, and the two boards are clamped together. The wet glue expands the biscuit, further improving a bond that is often stronger than the wood itself.

Would it be a particularly sad admission, if I said I actually have one of these?
Not at all...unless the things you make with it are not entirely edible....
 ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "geront"I'm now guessing the sacredly referenced biscuits are simply NOT what I get at the local Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits?

Using the Pond Translator:

biscuits (UK) = cookies (US)
chips (UK) = fries (US)
crisps (UK) = chips (US)

The typical tea biscuit tends to be similar in flavor and consistency to a Vienna finger. Some are like those crappy Stella Doro things grandma used to set out on Sundays, while others are like snack cakes (Tunnock's makes something akin to a moon pie).

Ironically, Jem's not big on biscuits.  :?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"Would it be a particularly sad admission, if I said I actually have one of these?
Not at all...unless the things you make with it are not entirely edible....
 ;)

Make? MAKE?  No, no, it's just another shiney power tool I couldn't resist when it was on sale in Wickes.  It sits there proud in its impact resistant carry case alongside other such wonders like the belt sander, the angled drill, the SDS hammer...

I know, I know...