EIMA lyrics now in TOYS section

Started by Geddy Lee, December 17, 2008, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Sorry to revive this but I can't get this to open in preview on Mac. It tells me I need to download Adobe PDF reader.. something I really don't want to do. It was a god awful program on Windows and I don't expect it to be any better on Mac.

Suggestions?

rogerg

Quote from: "SerFox"Sorry to revive this but I can't get this to open in preview on Mac. It tells me I need to download Adobe PDF reader.. something I really don't want to do. It was a god awful program on Windows and I don't expect it to be any better on Mac.

Suggestions?

I just got the same thing, which is annoying to say the least.  try a right-click "save file as.."

no, wait.  that didn't work, either.  what is this vile pdf that has been foisted upon us?
 :evil:

SerFox

You make a PDF with Adobe Pro, you try and open it in something that isn't Adobe Reader, it'll make you download it or no PDF for you, apparantly.

I f**king hate adobe.

Tricky

Now then, you can call me stupid or something (no, don't all rush at once) but what's so awful about Adobe reader?
Adobe Pro - I'll grant you - is a counterintuitive and bloaty piece of poo; but the reader is pretty much essential for modern web browsing (isn't it?).  All the datasheets I refer to daily are pdfs; many of them simply scanned from old catalogues.

Without wishing to sound trollish, Is this just a mac-based superiority thing?  :?

Edit:
And trying to be helpful... I tried using Openoffice to open pdfs but although it writes them quite happily, it won't even open what it's just written (without breaking it)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

SerFox

Adobe Reader takes forever to open, its just as bloated, and whats the point when Mac's come with Preview, which is perfectly capable of opening (And creating!) PDF's?

rogerg

I don't mind Reader, but the fact that it won't let me open a pdf with the pdf program of my choice is just rude.