UK Taxpayers with kids - you could be due some CASH!

Started by Brom, January 12, 2009, 01:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brom

Apparently the year before tax credits started a different allowance was available. Apparently, according to quite a few refs on the net not many people know about this.

You may be entitled to claim  £529 or even  £1,048.

It appears you are eligible to claim £529 if you have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003.
It also appears you can claim £1,048 allowance if one of your children was born between 6th April 2002 and 5th April 2003.

Another indicator seems to be that If your tax code on your April 03 (P60) finished with a H or T, you may have already had the allowance.

They say must action this by 31st January 2009.

The key to it all appears to be an inland revenue form 11ctc easily found online.

To the best of my knowledge this is not a scam or an urban myth, so could be worth checking out! There is a lot of chat on the net about it.

Be very wary of a site called taxcredits.org, it's an official looking site which offers you a form to fill in which looks legit. They appear though to be a private concern who will claim the money on your behalf, but keep a lot of it for their trouble, AND they will have all your personal details!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

RacingHippo

Top man, Brom! Thanks!
Pygmy Hippo was born on 10th Jan 03, so this is well worth looking into for me :)
* May contain nuts.

Dave M

If memory serves me right .... It's means tested.

If the highest paid earner in the house was not a higher rate tax payer you should get the lot.

If the highest earner in the house earned more than £38,000 (approx) you wont get anything, and if your income was somewhere in between, it's paid on a sliding scale.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

johninblack

JiB Finds old payslips, Jib opend envelope 2002-2003, JiB finds P60, JiB reads tax code, 707H, JiB utter massively long string of expletives. Bugger!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Brom

Quote from: "johninblack"JiB Finds old payslips, Jib opend envelope 2002-2003, JiB finds P60, JiB reads tax code, 707H, JiB utter massively long string of expletives. Bugger!

SNAP!!!!   :(  

Although in the search we did find some instructions to some long lost flat pack furniture, so it's not all that bad!!  :lol:
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Pedro

Quote from: "Brom"Although in the search we did find some instructions to some long lost flat pack furniture, so it's not all that bad!!  :lol:
....keep searching down that pile....the furniture might be there! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nellie

It's in the post!