Imogen Heap soloing Dear Dead Days style :-)

Started by ChrisX, November 06, 2010, 03:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisX

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftCIh1EfBfE

We all know that Jem Godfrey likes her a lot so when I see her solo at the end of this live version (@ Glastonbury) I immediately felt really really Frostie.

Love the way she uses live looping (her vocals, a piano part later on, the violins at the beginning) and she actually has two small mikes attached to her wrists that pick up sounds when she plays various acoustic thingies or just claps.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Mouse

That that is what a keytar should sound like! Nice one, thanks for posting the link, Chris. Some very interesting cymbal-style percussion in use there, too. Fascinating music, love it.  :)

ChrisX

Quote from: "Mouse"That that is what a keytar should sound like! Nice one, thanks for posting the link, Chris. Some very interesting cymbal-style percussion in use there, too. Fascinating music, love it.  :)

I really love this version of the song which is quite a different arrangement then the one on her album. I love it when artists do that. The drummer is really good and does use some interesting metal percussion. I have also seen him play vibes, glockenspiel and even acoustic guitar.

I remember some post of Jem about Imogen eons ago, while she was still recording the Ellipse album, pointing out that doing Frost Reports during the writing and recording of EIMA was inspired by her videoblogs. When I saw those I really got interested in her and kept up with what she was doing except for buying her albums. Finally I caved in a few weeks ago and I must admit it has been ages since I have been so captured by an album. I hear new stuff in the songs every time I listen to them either in the vocal or in the instrumental versions.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Pedro

This is probably why she got the Grammy for Best Engineered Non-classical album for "Ellipse" - such depth and craft.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"