Frost albums - legal album download for $1.14 or $2.52 ??

Started by ChrisX, June 16, 2009, 09:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisX

http://amiestreet.com/music/frost-2/_albums

First, from what I know this is a legit site and this is how they say it works:

QuoteAmie Street helps you discover new music you'll love quickly and easily. With millions of songs to choose from we make it simple and enjoyable to find your next favorite song.

How do we do this? It starts with the fact that all songs on Amie Street are priced from free to 98 cents. Instead of the arbitrary $0.99 per song, on Amie Street the community determines the price of music. Every song starts free, or very cheap, and increases in price, up to 98 cents, as more and more people purchase it.

This variable pricing system ensures that the public gets music at a fair, community-driven price point, and makes it easy for you to find the type of music you want. We then encourage you to talk about the music you like by putting money in your account for more downloads when you recommend songs that continue to rise in price. You can play the music you purchase from anywhere on the web and all Amie Street downloads are iPod compatible DRM-free mp3s. Enjoy the music!

But Milliontown for $1.14 or EIMA for $2.52 ??? I am wondering wether Jem / Frost Inc. know about this?

And there is a whole load of other InsideOut acts on it as well incl. the new IQ for just under $2.00  :?  :?  :?  :?
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Canford

Somewhere in the fine print of the Inside Out contracts I imagine. The danger of this is it devalues music. The upside is it makes it more accessible.

Jem

Considering the royalites I've been paid, it may as well be on sale for a quid.  :?

LivingForever

I was tempted to use this to check out the new IQ album... and then I thought, why? IQ will get a couple of pence, if that, and the site will take all the rest. Plus, I've then paid, I dunno, £1.74 for some MP3 files which are basically worthless because when I eventually buy the real CD, I'll just end up re-ripping it and deleting the files I bought.

So I went back to the trusty old "download the MP3s from somewhere / listen / like / order the CD from the band's website" route. I'm hoping the band would prefer that, anyway.

James
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

I'm following your 'trusty' method....except I'm either borrowing CDs from a mate or buying from amiestreet instead of adding to the stats of some herbert's fully illegal rip.
Probably a fruitless/foolish gesture but it might just be to do with my age.... :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

tomskerous

Quote from: "LivingForever"The trusty old "download the MP3s from somewhere / listen / like / order the CD from the band's website" route.

It's the only way to travel.

Unless you're the BPI/RIAA, of course. Wazzocks.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Ivor

Quote from: "LivingForever"So I went back to the trusty old "download the MP3s from somewhere / listen / like / order the CD from the band's website" route.

F'sho. It's the only way these days. With so much music out there, my old, previously tried and trusted method of "walk into shop/browse 'til weird-enough-looking cover grabs my attention/buy on a whim" tactic is hereby rendered redundant.