Gear Lust - Autumn Edition

Started by El_Mayonnaise, September 24, 2010, 03:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

I hope you're not planning on gigging with that! Don't think any roadies would thank you...   8-)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Gandalf1986

I just got meself a new PC to run more VSTs at the same time, since my old one had quite of a few problems in running many VSTs at a low latency... :lol:

Oh yes... 4 gigabytes of RAM...
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

EVP

Speaking of Mboxes!!!  I got one of these on Pre-order, due to ship Oct 18th.
It's a very nice!!!!

dtscape10

I'd love to go down the laptop route... But I have a worry factor that it'll get dropped or something and that'll be it!!!!
Recent gear lust is as follows (this will change for sure)

Kurzweil PC3
Nord Electro 3
Roland Fantom G6

Don't want much do I? :D

gav

Quote from: "D S"I hope you're not planning on gigging with that! Don't think any roadies would thank you...   8-)

Don't worry, I'll just mount it on a small wooden frame with a lawn mower engine and wheels attached.

No... Seriously! We run a small hotel and do saturday night entertainment in our function room- What would be better than driving in on an organ whilst playing it? :D
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

E.S.

I bet Rudess is lurking here and stealing that idea.  :lol:

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "E.S."I bet Rudess is lurking here and stealing that idea.  :lol:

lol!

Though to be honest I think his management just get the sweetwater catalogue every month and order one of each off the 'New' page, while at the same time he gets a small truck arrive from Korg and Roland every month with complementary versions of all their new toys on the understanding he youtubes enthusiastically about them all at least once :)
 :shock:

El_Mayonnaise

Bought a pair of Sabiann HHX Groove hi hats and what fantastic hi hats they are. After trying them in the shop I wasn't sold entirely so I looked them up on my phone to get an idea and there were plenty of glowing opinions but also very high prices, (£240 lowest) these were going for £160 which I knocked down to £150 as they were a bit mucky  :lol:

So I thought to myself well maybe I could buy them, sell them on at a profit as pre-owned ones are hard to come by (and for good reason as I found out)

After playing them with the rest of my cymbal entourage I discovered their true nature. Crisp, dark (but not too dark) and a relatively heavy feel to them. I'd recommend them if you're looking for some new hats.

As a result theres now a pair of Sabian XS20 hats soon to be on the pre-owned market if anyone has interest  ;)

drscab

Quote from: "D S"I hope you're not planning on gigging with that! Don't think any roadies would thank you...   8-)
I've hauled bigger and odder things into venues before!
Keleigh
"Am I still a proper roadie if I don\'t have a beard?"
"You\'re a girl, so no, but we\'ll keep you anyway. As long as you wear a fake beard"

El_Mayonnaise

I'd really like a bass guitar.  :lol:

SerFox

I splurged out on Battery 3 as it was eighty quid off at my local music shop. Result :D

I have my eye constantly on the V Synth GT, which I wish I could afford. Also considering upgrading my still brand new interface with something a little more advanced.

But right now, I've got to find more work. And there isn't any.

Mouse

I've finally got Pro Tools up and running (I had a few problems getting it to play ball). I'd just like to say RAWK! The first thing I did was run a grand piano through a drawbar organ's rotary to get that Floydy Echoes sound. Love it.  :D

Oh and Gav, I am jealous of your fine looking organ. ...Nope, nothing wrong sounding about that...  :lol:

Fogeyspasm

Ive finally taken the plunge and bought myself a Roland JC120, mid 80's version with the metal switches. Always wanted one and time marches on as they say, so it was rude not to make the purchase. Goes nicely with the Tokai Gold Top i got off one of the paramedics at work.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

gav

Quote from: "Mouse"I've finally got Pro Tools up and running (I had a few problems getting it to play ball). I'd just like to say RAWK! The first thing I did was run a grand piano through a drawbar organ's rotary to get that Floydy Echoes sound. Love it.  :D

Oh and Gav, I am jealous of your fine looking organ. ...Nope, nothing wrong sounding about that...  :lol:
:shock:
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

SerFox

Quote from: "Mouse"I've finally got Pro Tools up and running (I had a few problems getting it to play ball). I'd just like to say RAWK! The first thing I did was run a grand piano through a drawbar organ's rotary to get that Floydy Echoes sound. Love it.  :D

I'll play a G sharp major sixth on that any day. Hurr.