Main Menu

Pallas

Started by Mikey, December 10, 2011, 08:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

From the same stable as something that still doesn't exist  ;)

Quote from: "Pallas"In March 2010, less than 2 months after new vocalist Paul Mackie had joined the band, Pallas were asked by Classic Rock Presents Prog magazine to contribute a cover of an Emerson Lake and Palmer track to a CD that CRPP were planning to give away with the issue of the magazine due to coincide with ELP's reunion headline show at the High Voltage Festival.

The track Pallas chose to record for the CD was Black Moon, the title track of ELP's 1992 reunion album. In their inimitable style Pallas gave the song a new lease of life taking the tune in a far heavier, rockier direction than the original. It would also mark Paul Mackie's recording début with the band.

To cut a long story short, due to legal issues regarding publishing and copyright the CD never saw the light of day and the track was shelved as Pallas set about the recording of XXV.

Now with the festive season once again upon us it has been decided to finally release this lost piece of Pallas history as a FREE download.

So folks, here it is. Download here and enjoy Black Moon a la Pallas.
Also, watch this space for other festive freebies planned for the week before Christmas, a radical reworking of Monster and the now annual Pallas artwork 2012 calendar.
Enjoy the song and festivities!

//http://www.pallasxxv.com/21/page21.html
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: Pallas were responsible for bringing me to Frost*, for which I shall remain eternally grateful.

I saw and enjoyed Pallas a couple of times back in the 1980s and had all their albums from then. They were one of the bands I'd regularly look (in vain) for new releases from whenever I was in a record shop in the post-1980's, pre-widespread-WWW period, and so when Beat The Drum surfaced many, many years later, it was a very welcome return.

Things came full circle after a ~25 year delay when I saw them play at De Boerderij earlier this year, and I had a nice chat with Mr Mackie. They're back again in March 2012 and I shall hopefully be there ...

Mikey

//http://www.pallasxxv.com/

Quote from: "Pallas"**2012 TOUR DATES - FREE MONSTER BIG BAND DOWNLOAD - ! **

After the busy year that was 2011 the band are now well underway planning 2012 which starts with a tour, details below with further details on the website.

24/02 GLASGOW UK: CLASSIC GRAND
25/02 KINGSTON UK: THE PEEL
26/02 BILSTON UK: ROBIN 2
27/02: PARIS F: LA SCENE BASTILLE
28/02: PRATTELN CH: GALERY
29/02: FRANKFURT D: DAS RIND
01/03: DEN BOSCH NL: W2
02/03: ZOETERMEER NL: DE BOERDERIJ
03/03: VERVIERS B: SPIRIT OF 66

Also on the website you can find FREE DOWNLOADS of the bands cover of the ELP track Black Moon, which had been scheduled for a Classic Rock Presents Prog cover disc which had to be pulled at the last moment, plus a just for fun "Big Band Swing Remix" of Monster! Also 2012 calendar download will follow shortly with the 2011 still available for artwork collectors.

If you have already got XXV don't forget the free download of Atlantean which you could use as an additional opening track on you mp3 players XXV tracklist, and don't forget on the website are track by track samples, band comments including some of the "storyline" behind the tracks.

If you, like us, feel that not enough people know about Pallas PLEASE use the facebook and tweet buttons throughout the site to spread the news amongst your friends!

Also it's the time of year when there are polls for Album of the Year 2011 - if you enjoyed XXV right at the start of last year don't forget it now !!

Thanks for reading and we hope to see you at a gig soon.

MarkOneMusic

Good find!

So there's Pallas' contribution to the ELP cover disk, you can get the Magenta 'Lucky Man' from their site

With enough persistence we will be able to reconstruct the entire CD one day!  8-)

Mikey

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"With enough persistence we will be able to reconstruct the entire CD one day!  8-)

Is that a challenge  :D

Pedro

JM did a track didn't he?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"JM did a track didn't he?

Can't remember. Think there was a track list somewhere. Haven't found it yet