Should we be concerned ?

Started by Dave M, November 16, 2010, 04:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Quote from: "AndreasK"Well, I think Jem being such a down to earth guy makes it a lot easier for his fans to accept that he's a human being who has a life other than entertaining us.

And this is the exact reason I stopped going to the Rudess forums, even I believe Jem feels the same way I and a lot of others feel about him, which I will, for the most part, keep to myself.

Besides, I took a gigantic leave from here, for a good few months at least. True, nobody really noticed, but it's the same principle, life got busy, and I had bigger priorities than coming on here to discuss biscuits and crumpets with you lot. :lol:

Mouse

They were really good conversations about biscuits and crumpets, mind...  ;)

AndreasK

From my experience Frost fans usually start at about age 25+. At that point you (should) have somewhat of a life that would keep you from spending every moment of every day having flamewars on a messageboard about the exact velocity of the 483rd note during the first measure of a Rudess solo. So I think we're allowed to take breaks from the internet without the rest of the forum disowning us.
- Andreas

SerFox

Quote from: "AndreasK"From my experience Frost fans usually start at about age 25+. At that point you (should) have somewhat of a life that would keep you from spending every moment of every day having flamewars on a messageboard about the exact velocity of the 483rd note during the first measure of a Rudess solo. So I think we're allowed to take breaks from the internet without the rest of the forum disowning us.

I swear it was 64, as he wanted it closer to fortissimo, 63 is basic forte, you imbecile! :lol: :lol:

owen

Quote from: "Againesis"
Quote from: "Mooncat"You should see what happens over on the IB forum..................................

Quote from: "Pedro"The difference with Frost* and the Frost*ies is (I think/hope) that no-one here thinks (or claims) that they know better what Jem should be doing next.
Baying for another tour now, another album now, declaring that it's "obviously" all over or saying it's time for so-and-so to leave  etc. etc. simply helps no-one.
I'd be lying if I said I'm not sad to hear there'll be less of the recent brilliant Internet Jemnastics, but we have to remember that this is a hobby. Anything we get is a blessing.

you mean we can't say it's all John Mitchell's fault? Where's the fun in that? :lol:

Againesis

Quote from: "Mooncat"You should see what happens over on the IB forum..................................

Urrrgh - just spent an ill-advised ten minutes in there and now I feel dirty!  Big It Bites fan too but I won't be going in there again.  I'm absolutely 100% certain the bad atmosphere in there won't permeate to we Frosties.  This forum and the IB ones are like matter and antimatter (apart from Pedders who appears to be the small voice of reason in there and JM who can obviously do no wrong!!!).
There are only 10 types of people]

Mooncat

To be honest they're not all bad - I have a few friends that are both on here and there, but as usual, the minority give the whole thing a bit of an 'atmosphere'.
Still think some of them resent the reformed line up not including Francis and then ditching Dick Nolan.......................

;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

owen

prophylactic prozac usually helps, taken 2 hours before you go there

Pedro

To be fair there are some lovely fun people there but there are some insatiable trolls too.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Batchain

OMG!  The irony of it all.

B xx  :)
Doin\' the work of a hundred men......

Pedro

*taps the ironyometer, not a flicker....  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Neilgwhite

Hey, calm down, calm down.....

I had a rant earlier, I'll admit, but only because we were promised a dvd from the Carlisle gig in Nov. I loved the gig, took my best buddy and my daughter, and want to relive it. I find out today that it's still 2 months away and I'm venting my frustration. That is what a forum is all about.

I have, as Pedro has, jumped from a height to defend JM on a number of occasions, and also criticised the lack of updates and news. But the forum is also a great place for fans, it's rare than Dena and Peds are absent for more than a few clicks and Rich is around, when he's now busy with the long awaited dvd. So leave off!!! matter and anti-matter - balls, same people different tune..... Frost* is Jem and his passion is people, communicating and sharing.... It Bites is a very different animal.... it's just sleeping, shhhhhhh
Hello, is there anybody in there?............

XeRocks81

Quote from: "Jem"Thanks for your concern you lovely chaps, t'was a confluence of bad stuff that happened to arrive one after the other in the space of about 48 hours. It made me very cross so I grabbed hold of bad luck, wrestled it to the ground and beat the shit out of it.

And I did win.  :D

And I have backed off from the internet though which will be ongoing. During the battle I did look at my life and decided to make some "adjustments".  :D

If it's not too much to ask, a good old fashioned blog entry on the front page spelling out what you're saying here would be great.

Neilgwhite

Quote from: "XeRocks81"
Quote from: "Jem"Thanks for your concern you lovely chaps, t'was a confluence of bad stuff that happened to arrive one after the other in the space of about 48 hours. It made me very cross so I grabbed hold of bad luck, wrestled it to the ground and beat the shit out of it.

And I did win.  :D

And I have backed off from the internet though which will be ongoing. During the battle I did look at my life and decided to make some "adjustments".  :D

If it's not too much to ask, a good old fashioned blog entry on the front page spelling out what you're saying here would be great.

One of the adjustments is to stop writing blog items and tweets every time he farts my friend. Jem has kindly responded to concerns in the very area those concerns were raised...
Hello, is there anybody in there?............

XeRocks81

I see

I never really had any other reason to come here other than to read what Jem was up to.  I guess If anything ever does happen I'll hear about it elsewhere. Thanks.

edit: I suppose it did come off a little harsher than I meant.  Nothing against you glorious people of course  ;)  but I never did feel comfortable in this little community and only came for the news.