New MANNING album for 2013

Started by GuyM, December 11, 2012, 05:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyM

Work has started on the next MANNING Studio album entitled,"The Root, the Leaf & the Bone".
This, Manning's 14th album, is set for an Autumn 2013 release.

Nine new tracks have been composed (in no set running order yet) ...
1. The Root, the Leaf & the Bone
2. Old School
3. The Forge
4. Autumn Song
5. The Huntsman & the Poacher
6. Decon(struction) Blues
7. Mists of Morning Calling to the Day
8. The Palace of Delights
9. Amongst the Sleepers

The main theme is one of 'Change & Loss' in various guises.

The recording line-up will comprise of the current (and newly revised) MANNING band plus some Special Guests (TBA).
Pictures from the recent band promo photo shoot are now published on the web site. http://www.guymanning.com

It is envisaged that the bulk of this new material will be premiered with the 2013 live dates (ahead of the album release).

2013 The year of the great MANNING excavation!

Meanwhile, we are very glad to report that the newly released 'AKOUSTIK' album is getting some very positive and high rating excellent reviews across the web and in world wide magazines.

This is the last album to feature Chris Catling, Kev Currie and Steve Dundon as permanent MANNING band members and it also welcomes David Million back to fold and as such, it has become a great transitional set of songs for us to share with you plus it serves to highlight to other side of what the band does!

Mordwin

It's a new year, we'd be disappointed if that didn't mean a new Manning album!

Looking froward to it :)

Mikey

I used to have a signature

GuyM

the wait is over...OCTOBER 7th is the official release date

Mordwin

Excellent :) Always a treat when the (almost) annual Manning album drop on my door mat :)

Mikey

Mikey

owen

Is it any good then, Guy?! At least I hear you've got a decent drummer, not like that other bloke, whatsisname Wanderin' Rhino? ;)

RacingHippo

You can go off some people......  :P

("Wanderin' Rhino" did make me laugh though!)
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

Sounds good to me.
There's a sampler on the website, and I've just heard another track, being a subscriber to the mailing list