Album "Snow Crash" Now Available!

Started by SerFox, May 12, 2010, 06:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Get it here!

Several months of work towards my final project, I've decided to put this out there. Let me know if you have any feedback on the music.

The whole thing is based around a novel by Neal Stephenson, a science fiction novel written in 1992, with very modern and time-standing themes, which inspired me greatly. This is basically what came of it, as well as it being my final project for university.

SerFox

Ta muchly to those who have listened and one fella who's gone and bought it! Thanks guys!  :D

Tricky

Do I detect hints of "Secret Song" about half way through the title track?
Lots of great stuff going on in there; but I kept wishing that the themes were a bit longer - to allow more 'development' time  :)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

SerFox

Quote from: "Tricky"Do I detect hints of "Secret Song" about half way through the title track?
Lots of great stuff going on in there; but I kept wishing that the themes were a bit longer - to allow more 'development' time  :)

I knew someone would hear it :D The novel does share similar themes, and I absolutely love the sound of reverse piano.

I could have made this at least twice as long, but I had a 15 minute limit for the whole thing. My next release will be much, much longer, with stronger developing themes and probably a lot more int he way of styles :)

Tricky

I should have guessed that there would be a time constraint to work under.
15 mins: that's barely enough time for the overture/introduction/part 1/spoken introduction/tuning up of the prog world  ;)

RacingHippo

Quote from: "SerFox"Ta muchly to those who have listened and one fella who's gone and bought it! Thanks guys!  :D
ONE?!? ONE?!?!
C'mon ya miserable sausages! It's only a few quid!
* May contain nuts.

rogerg

I couldn't get the tracks to play in Safari 4.0.5, so I tried Google Chrome and it loaded straightaway!  and I like!!

Pedro

Quote from: "RacingHippo"ONE?!? ONE?!?!
Could this be what is meant by the "difficult second album"?  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

SerFox

Thanks for all the great comments :)

Pedro: Nah mine won't be difficult. Just longer :D

Pedro

Well I tried to buy the second one and it wouldn't let me (some guff about not letting me pay by card because my email address is associated with a PayPal account. Even if it is, I should be allowed to use it. My email address is also associated with a Bristish Gas account and my AA membership...so what?)

Anyway, hope you get to sell more than one.

SerFox

Bizarre. If you really really want to download it, if you have some way of punting the money to me I can give you a download code. No pressure though, heh, just askin'.

Just no quids sellotaped to a piece of card. That's a once done forever over event :P

Mouse

Tricky

Ok, I admit that I listened on the site, copied the low bit-rate mp3s out of internet explorer's cache and saved the files locally.  But then I listened a few more times...
... and started to really like it.
So I've bought the real deal  8-)
and agree with RacingHippo.
Quote from: "RacingHippo"C'mon ya miserable sausages! It's only a few quid!

Pedro

Yay, you've sold the difficult second copy!  :)