Frost and Dream Theater

Started by Jem, February 27, 2009, 12:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

In case you hadn't heard ;-)

This just in from the Frost Publicity Imp.

"Frost* are well chuffed to announce that we will be supporting Dream Theater at two shows in England this summer. These shows are:

12th June  Leeds 02 Academy
  13th June  Southampton Guildhall

Dream Theater and Frost* fans will know that Mike Portnoy nominated Experiments in Mass Appeal as one of his favourite albums of 2008.  Whilst we were were unable to take up the offer of playing on DT's Progressive Nation tour of the US this year, we're thrilled to be asked to play these shows following our appearance at RoSFest in May."

catherine

DannySoisSage

Chuffing marvelous  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

The Cosmic Lawnmower

What a bleedin' result Frost* at Southampton Guildy... my local  :D

Mega!!

gareth

I'm living in the wrong country  :(

Very jealous.

Brom

I can feel a full family weekend trip to Hampshire coming up!!  :D  :D  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

D S

Wow - Jem & Nozza on the same bill!  :D  How many notes will get played each night?

Neither Leeds nor Southampton is exactly close but I must try to get to one of them.  Miss DS (Snr) has been going on about seeing Frost* live for ages and she also likes some DT so she may get her wish this time.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Fogeyspasm

O2 in Leeds. Kids under 14 allowed with an adult!
Bonus
Don't know what my lad would make of Dream Theater though.
I liked the first album, the second slightly less, and the third even less, all the others i've heard i couldn't stand for some reason.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Cynthia's Mallet

Major result for me & Cosmic  :mrgreen:

The Southampton gig is during the Isle of Wight Festival Weekend - I don't care WHO is headlining, we are making our way over to Southampton for the evening!  Hey, maybe a spot in the Big Top at the IOW Festy the next day may be in order.....Jem - don't suppose you have John Giddings phone number on speed dial somewhere?...... 8-)
"Anyone for croquet?..."

JamesA

I've not been to either venue before - are they seated or standing ?  Just wondering in terms of whether I need to try for somewhere specific when I get my tickets.

The Leeds one is a good location for going from work, and Southampton is more convenient from home, so thank you for arranging them on the correct days  ;)

Bert

I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

rogerg

rawk!  lucky for all you over there!

TonyB

And where do we get these tickets from please? :D

Excited already :)
"I bet you weren\'t expecting this!!"

DannySoisSage

I don't know about anyone else but I get all my DT news from the MP.com forums; the link there is to gigsandtours.com but there's nothing up right now. Probably Monday or something!

RWA

VERY cool!  :mrgreen:  8-)  :mrgreen:  8-)  :mrgreen: