Frost*Bites 16th December 2012

Started by Nellie, July 09, 2012, 07:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivingForever

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Oh well, just one picture of our little Green Goblin at work:
Goblin you say?  :D

Nicely capturing the fluffy bit of hat which stuck to the back of Jem's head, there...
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

PhilHarmonic

I agree - what an amazing night - me and my fellow Frostie Bites mates were delayed by the queue and missed the start of the ''support'' band - but, once we split up to find our own slots it all seemed to fall into place.  Yup, like others, some of us were stuck behind fans who were taller than our dimunitive shells but, for me, I blame my poor diet when younger.  Nonetheless, all I would request for future benefit - stand still please!  Having a good view of Jem's head is OK if it lasts!

If the new offerings on the night ''asre'' the way to go for Frost 3, then bring it on...!  Could be fun...!

As for the It Bites set - utterly fantastic.  All the 'hits and more' as they used to say.  Their next outing into recording land has got to be something special after the last two albums.

So, all that is left to say is ''Happy Christmas'' to one and all and, if I may hi-jack this part of the forum, my ''card'' to you all is my simple musical offering.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17885303/Almos ... istmas.MP3

It's been up here before a couple of years ago but it might be OK to let you all hear it again.  As Neil Innes once said, ''I have suffered for my music, now it's your turn'' - ha ha!!

Happy Crimbo

PH
I play the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order

RacingHippo

Quote from: "JimD"I was taken back to seeing the band recording it on a Channel 4 show called Twang, Bang, Kerrang (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AveJxs_TmY) and wondered if the young JM had seen it back then too - and now he was onstage doing it for real.  
Very likely!
The first time I saw IB-reincarnated was in Manchester soon after JM had joined 'em (they still had DIck Nolan on bass... in body if not in spirit!). He addressed the masses near the end of the show and said how he'd been a big fan of IB in his youth and had dreamed of being in Dunnery's shoes... and now here he was, doing just that. A genuine boyhood dream come true.
It was very, very touching.

Got a lot of respect for that fella, I have.
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

When videoing gigs I sometimes try to capture some of the audience reaction by turning the camera around.
Most times this results in 5-10 seconds of pitch black...but this time the lights were accommodating enough to light 5 frames of my slow pan.
I grabbed these and "stitched" them together to create a panorama.
You might be able to spot yourselves in this....(you may have to click on it to see the whole image

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JakeWorrell

I can see my hair! And my mate Ste!

My face is eclipsed by someone. probably for the best.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

Eclipsed by which person? Can you describe?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Oh dear; I'm there, but the look on my face suggests either an ecstatic response to some ongoing on-stage Frost*ie widdling, or an unconscious desire to grab forty winks in mid-gig at the end of a tiring year ...  ;)

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Pedro"Eclipsed by which person? Can you describe?

Ermmmmm

Well I'm in front of the guy with long hair and glasses that looks a bit like Steven Wilson. You can see the right shoulder of my sexy new tweed jacket and all of my hair and a tiny bit of my forehead. I'm eclipsed by the gentleman with very short receding (sorry) grey hair. Just left of centre of the photo. In line with the corner of the sound booth that is most prominent.

I did want to come over and say hi Pedders but everyone else was saying Hi and then the gig started and then you were GONE! Next time I will come to the pub first, lesson learned.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

E.S.

I think I see a shiny bald head there. Might be me. Position is about right.

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Oh dear; I'm there, but the look on my face suggests either an ecstatic response to some ongoing on-stage Frost*ie widdling, or an unconscious desire to grab forty winks in mid-gig at the end of a tiring year ...  ;)

Where? I looked but couldn't see a snoozing TA anywhere.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Oh dear; I'm there, but the look on my face suggests either an ecstatic response to some ongoing on-stage Frost*ie widdling, or an unconscious desire to grab forty winks in mid-gig at the end of a tiring year ...  ;)

The rightmost of the two front-rowers in the "red zone" (i.e. the left-most picture in Pedro's sequence). Eyes closed, mouth open, catching flies. To the left (looking at the picture) is DrBlowThingsUp and immediately above his luscious locks, the bald pate may indeed be E.S.

rogerg

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "catherine"

The rightmost of the two front-rowers in the "red zone" (i.e. the left-most picture in Pedro's sequence). Eyes closed, mouth open, catching flies. To the left (looking at the picture) is DrBlowThingsUp and immediately above his luscious locks, the bald pate may indeed be E.S.

Ah yes, I see you now.  :D

So who's the sleeping beauty wearing the Santa hat to the R of the pic?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "rogerg"I think I see Stephen Hawking.

Ah, maybe that was him on the Speak 'n' Spell ... ;-)

rogerg