Andy Edwards Pocket Sun on Jobecky Electric Drums.

Started by Fogeyspasm, March 23, 2012, 10:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

Almost sounds like Thrak-era King Crimson where they had 2 separate 3-piece bands playing simultaneously, panned left and right. Occasionally they even played the same song!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

JimD

QuoteAlmost sounds like Thrak-era King Crimson...

...that's exactly where I got the idea from!  The live LP from that KC era is awesome. I always call it "Vroom Vroom" but I think it's also called "On Broadway" too.  I think the two sides reflect the two concerts which of course were made up of two trios each playing...(cont. p94).
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Drarok

The kick sounds way too boomy on Andy's video for my liking, but the drumming is top notch.

BrizzleRocker

[size=85]Shut up and play yer guitar....[/size]

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Jim Takacs

AHHHHH@!@!   This drove me Crazy! Andy, of all People too!  All I Heard was the real drum part NOT what he was Playing!  Why would he do this!?  It was great, Dont get me wrong... Hell.. Its Frick'n Andy Edwards.....   :D  :D
::I Like Cheese::

Dave R

I believe someone wanted a mash-up of Andy and Craig playing Pocket Sun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2qNRCjSTZQ.

Sshhh...  Don't tell the people at Roland or Jobecky

lyn

I don't know if this is possible, but can anyone create this (in audio) with both drum tracks synchronised?  As if Andy and Craig were playing together on the same Pocket Sun track?  That'd be an achievement, and I bet it would sound unique! Maybe it is already someone's WIP...
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

Dave R

I tried lining up the audio when I created the video above. Problem is it's actually 2 different versions of Pocket Sun. I think the version Craig is playing to is more of a demo. There is only one verse before he goes into the solo part. So not possible I'm afraid.

Pedro

I think I remember seeing on Twitter that Jem provided Craig with a drum-less version of the track specially for the Roland thing.

Mooncat

Yep, although it may that they both had the same version but they've edited them after the event. I know Andy had a version just after the album release which had an extended outro - there was footage on youtube of him 'playing along' in his studio at around that time.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

rogerg

Quote from: "Dave R"I tried lining up the audio when I created the video above. Problem is it's actually 2 different versions of Pocket Sun. I think the version Craig is playing to is more of a demo. There is only one verse before he goes into the solo part. So not possible I'm afraid.

ah, I assumed they had used the same backing tracks. but thanks for doing this!! awesome!  8-)

davejmason

Hi folks, it's been ages since I actually posted but I do lurk occasionally.  :)

I thought I'd let you splendid Frosties (and particularly the drummies among you) know that both Andy and Craig are performing at the Jobeky UK Custom Drum Show on Sunday. It will be a great chance to check out the e-kits in person and chat with them both. Plus you'll be able to come and steal free food from my Muso Database stand  :lol:

Hope you don't mind the blatant plug!!

D

Pedro

Plug away, squire! :) ...and thanks for de-lurking to share that.

Mooncat

Just got in from the Jobeky Drum Festival - and before I jet off to my own rehearsal thought I'd drop by!!
Both Craig & Andy were on brilliant form - nice to see them bost do their takes on 'Pocket Sun' and Craig also incorporated some other Frost* snippets into his 70 song montage (no, REALLY 8-) )
Also great to see Andy back behind the kit and enthused about playing again. The Jobeky kits look and sound awesome.
Andy also mentioned he'd done some drums for a new Magenta album !!!

Top stuff, right now where's my sticks........................
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy