My websitey soundcloudy portfolioey thing.

Started by RobRideout, December 26, 2010, 10:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRideout

As a few people on here already know, (and are probably sick of hearing about it by now :P) late last year I set up a soundcloud page and have been putting up some music every weekday for about 3 months. Sometimes it was just a little jam, but most of the time now it's full songs. It kind of faultered in december, because I have awful time management and left all of my coursework until the last minute, But as of the beginning of january, I'm starting it up again, so if your interested then you can have a look at all the stuff I've done so far at www.soundcloud.com/rob-rideout-music and request genres or give me a brief or something that can inspire me :) thanks very much! xxx

Mouse

The ones I've heard so far have been ace, Rob. Not at all jealous at the fact that you seem to be able to fire these things out at will...  :P  I will catch up on the ones I haven't heard tonight. Good work so far!  :)

Jim Takacs

Damn....   Where to start?  F-ing Great Material!!  Your Drum Programming, im assuming your Programming the drums, Is Excellent! No 3 arm drum parts.. What Synths are you using? The Strings in the first tune are really Nice, almost Yamaha esque...  All Your Writing and Specially playing is superb..   The ONLY real criticism I have is The Mix..  The First tune is Fine.  The second tune the drums need to be doubled in volume and that arp. in the beginning cut back,  I Really dig the dry in your face vocals of the 3rd tune! Is that You singing?   None of the things I mentioned are in any way meant to be taken negatively!!  Getting a good mix is an absolute Bitch!  Its an art form in itself.  Awesome stuff Bro!  Keep it coming!  Ill Listen to more when my ADD  subsides    :D   Thanks for sharing!!
::I Like Cheese::

RobRideout

Thanks very much guys :)
I think after being told the same thing about 10 times from different people I realised I was being a bit dense and took everyones advice, so I think my mixing has come on leaps and bounds thanks to you :)
if there's anymore ideas or criticisms or even challenges, then let me know and I'll give it a try :)
after all, the point of this was to be able to kind of write at will, seeing as I'm working towards writing music for a living.
Cheers!