I'm back!

Started by Rook, March 20, 2016, 09:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

So lest you all think I am a fair weather Frostie, I must remind you that I was here through the dark days of frost disbanding and website deletions and all that and remained a steadfast Frostie. But more important things intruded (more important than Frost? 'Tis true!), and I had some very dark days. Long sickness of my father (cancer) and his care, and the toll that took nearly destroyed my family. He finally passed in September. Family is stoing now, I have a new job ( n a lab doing DNA extraction and sequencing), wife's career going bonkers, I'm back studying (math) and 3/4of my band has an acoustic side project with a residency doing covers of PROG and metal dongs. Dammit autocorrect, I saw you change songs to dongs just then! Finally got a Sound if Muzak added to the set, Snowman is on the list to learn and arrange :)

I'm also buying a new house which is nigh on a mansion with lots of renovations to do, but space (and budget) for a proper commercial studio!

And now a new frost album! Days are looking brighter again!

Love from your friend down under,
Reuben/Rook.

manoncharles

Delighted to internet-meet you, and looking forward to share your country :-)
Yay for the new job, sounds really interesting !
A fairytale in negative

Rook

In curious symmetry, I remember joining the Frost* forum sitting in a Paris apartment just around the corner from Jardin de Luxembourg :)

rogerg

Welcome back!  And sorry about your dad.  Mine's been gone nine years now, and not a day goes by that I don't think about him.

Good luck with all the new stuff! 

manoncharles

As incredible as it may sound I've also joined the Frost* forum while sitting in a parisian appartment ;-)

A fairytale in negative

gr8gonzo

Welcome back, Rook. Best wishes.

And I think we should all follow suit and visit the forum from Parisian apartments. That reminds me, I need to reapply for my passport.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

owen

Quote from: rogerg on March 20, 2016, 05:27:25 PM
Welcome back!  And sorry about your dad.  Mine's been gone nine years now, and not a day goes by that I don't think about him.

Good luck with all the new stuff!

I'm the same (7 years).

But I thought all Aussie houses were mansions with swimming pools and funnel web spiders in the loo?

manoncharles

I wish but that's not what realestates.com.au says :')
A fairytale in negative

johninblack

Good to see you back Rook. Sorry to hear the bad news. Just had my own brush with cancer, luckily I had the right sort of cancer in the right place, caught early enough to make it surviveable, albeit I had a full laryngectomy but small price to pay for the chance to live a relitivley normal (whatever that is!) life.
Sounds like you have plenty to look forward to so hope that your dark days are few and your good days many!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"