any prog songwriters out there... well. clearly.

Started by drblowthingsup, May 11, 2009, 11:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Quote from: "SerFox"In summary: Job = Stuff. :)
Very true. ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

johninblack

Quote from: "SerFox"In summary: Job = Stuff. :)
And Better Job = Better Stuff. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

Quote from: "drblowthingsup"im only 19 so i cant afford any kind of fancy stuff right now im just planning to leech of the recources of huddersfield uni in september.

I'm 18 and that's the exact same plan I have, but with Hull College.  8-)  It would work better in the gear department if I didn't have to pay for food, drink and rent. Curse the human body and it's "needs"!  ;)

drblowthingsup

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "drblowthingsup"...planning to leech of the recources of huddersfield uni in september.
Eh up, lad.
Are thee coming to t' Leeds gig?
Me sen (from Bratford) an' me mate from Keighley 'll be there.

yes i am infact thats how i got into frost* in the first place, was going to see dream theater with a friend and uncovered a whole new world of proggy goodness. magical.

an also, im planning to have a job by the time i leave, and therefore, have stuff. wel see how it goes lol

Mouse

Plus one on the marvelous name, Doctor BTU!  :)  What course are you doing in September? Mine's a Foundation Degree in Music Production number with all the trimmings. Mmm...  8-)

Gman

QuoteAnd Better Job = Better Stuff.

Or just 'even more stuff'.

Steve

I'm also from Huddersfield but currently live in Leeds as I go to the College of Music there. Will be moving back to Huddersfield come July when my course finishes. Also going to the Leeds gig :)
Suhr Carved Top - Carvin DC727 - Roland Fantom X8 FOR SALE  - Axe-FX Ultra

drblowthingsup

im doin music tech an popular music in september.
i applied for LCM but got in for a different course than what i wanted to do so i settled on goin to the hudd' l :)

Steve

Hudds is supposed to have a good music department, I just never considered it because I wanted to move away from home and would feel obliged to stay if I was going to Hudds.

What course did you apply for at LCM and what did you get offered?

When I originally applied I applied (foolishly) for Music Studies (basically the classical course) it was the wrong course for me (I didn't really research them properly) and was denied a place because they didn't have an electric guitar tutor who worked on that course - they just turned down my application rather than offering me another course, I had to phone up and ask them wtf was going on (since I well met all the entry requirements) - so basically I understand if they mucked up your application, they must be a bit crappy in that department.

Anyway.

drblowthingsup

just popular music
i would have gone for a jazz guitar course cuz i want to do studio musician stuff but at the time i was applyin i was feelin really unconfident about my playin so now im writing more than im playing. still shreddin out tho. full on. lol
also, the guitar in your avatar looks quite a lot like mine, what is it?
i have a hairband on mine too lol

Geetar

It's a rather naughty-looking Suhr, which we got a glimpse of a while back.

I'm still hoping to cross-breed my Grosh with it when I get back to the UK, and produce some small quilt-top doublenecks....
This space for sale.

Steve

Quote from: "drblowthingsup"just popular music
i would have gone for a jazz guitar course cuz i want to do studio musician stuff but at the time i was applyin i was feelin really unconfident about my playin so now im writing more than im playing. still shreddin out tho. full on. lol
also, the guitar in your avatar looks quite a lot like mine, what is it?
i have a hairband on mine too lol

It's a Suhr Carved Top:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/A ... 500002.jpg

drblowthingsup

ah never mind. i have a maverick x-1.

does anyone know how you're supposed to group the notes in 13/8?

rogerg

Quote from: "drblowthingsup"does anyone know how you're supposed to group the notes in 13/8?

depends on the feel, doesn't it?  3334, 23233, 222223, etc...

Steve

You can group them however you want, who cares as long as it sounds good :)