Main Menu

Private Godfrey

Started by Trapezium Artist, July 12, 2010, 11:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivor

Quote from: "Pedro"Nutrocker might be a good one?

Hell YEAH!!! If ELP and Lieutenant Pigeon can do it, why not?  :twisted:

Mouse

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "gr8gonzo"In reality, outdoor TV scenes were filmed at Thetford, an inland town in Norfolk

Half an hours drive from where i am now or 20 when running late for a Peel gig..........

I saw Status Quo gig in Thetford Forest. That was a good 'un.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "gr8gonzo"In reality, outdoor TV scenes were filmed at Thetford, an inland town in Norfolk

Half an hours drive from where i am now or 20 when running late for a Peel gig..........

I saw Status Quo gig in Thetford Forest. That was a good 'un.

I'm sorry: the only good Status Quo gig is no Status Quo gig. As broad-minded and tolerant as I am musically speaking in general, I do draw the line at the Quo: turgid, horrible stuff. Sorry, Mouse ...  :(

Pedro

I'll raise a hand in favour of Quo, but only if it's the Quo I saw in the late 70's. Simple music but bl**dy great show.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

lyn

Dirty water?
Don't drive my car....
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

lyn

Now? In the army ? Even if you ever did see them in Thetford Forest you have to pretend you didn't...
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

Trapezium Artist

What on earth prompted you to reopen this thread almost three years on, Pedro?  :o

I had completely erased any memory of having written an opinion on the Quo. Now I'll have to express the same opinion ('orrid, utterly 'orrid) and spend another couple of years trying to forget about them again.

Help the aged, man; help the aged.

Trapezium Artist

Oh, and speaking of Dad's Army, as we were, my dad was friends with Bill Pertwee, who played the officious ARP warden. When I was about 9, so around 1970, he came to be the guest star at the summer fete of my tiny (50 kids?) primary school in a small village in West Sussex.

Of course, while slightly awed that such a figure off the telly was real, I was secretly rather disappointed that it was hi and not his (distant) cousin, Jon Pertwee, who was Doctor Who at the time. That would have blown my very socks off  8)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on April 18, 2013, 11:01:17 PM
Oh, and speaking of Dad's Army, as we were, my dad was a school chum of Bill Pertwee, who played the officious ARP warden. When I was about 9, so around 1970, he came to be the guest star at the summer fete of my tiny (50 kids?) primary school in a small village in West Sussex.

Of course, while slightly awed that such a figure off the telly was real, I was secretly rather disappointed that it was hi and not his (distant) cousin, Jon Pertwee, who was Doctor Who at the time. That would have blown my very socks off  8)

Pedro

Tapatalk elected to show it as a "new" post, so I just replied to it without checking the dates. Stupid boy....

turbo

?"By the beard of Zeus"

Mikey

Quote from: Pedro on April 19, 2013, 12:24:04 AM
Tapatalk elected to show it as a "new" post, so I just replied to it without checking the dates. Stupid boy....
Wasn't everything transferred as a new post?

Quo, sorry Mark, but I saw them live and they were brill, not too keen on most of the 3 chord albums, but if it pays the bills, which it did until they overspent.

Look into my eyes......you are feeling very sleepy........you will erase the memory of quo, bollocks, said it again. It doesn't work
I used to have a signature

Pedro

:)
True about everything coming across as "new"...but I had marked everything a "read" (which is actually true!) and Tapatalk was reporting only "new" posts after that...until this post showed up.  :-

Mikey

Quote from: Pedro on April 20, 2013, 10:45:25 AM
:)
True about everything coming across as "new"...but I had marked everything a "read" (which is actually true!) and Tapatalk was reporting only "new" posts after that...until this post showed up.  :-
& there I was giving you a get out clause........wasted
I used to have a signature