The View from the Cube

Started by Trapezium Artist, January 12, 2009, 11:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Is it just me or has it all gone a little odd over on Jem's blog? A whole new format, a new entry quite rightly showcasing Pedro's Toys/LBP epic (but not the super-duper hi-def widey-screeny one), but no way of making comments (was wanting to point out the above).

But looking back, there's also been a Stalinist revision of history: where's the Thumbs Up Man gone, I ask, and where did Immi with the weird barnet spring from in December? She wasn't there before, was she, or was my Christmas really that much of a flu-ridden daze?

Ah well, 'tis only procrastination on my part: much more fun catching up over here than trying to write exam papers for my undergraduates ...  :D

tomskerous

Immi was indeed there. Albeit only for a day or two before thumbs-up man took over.

I rather like the new pastel look and feel...although it looks a little odd if called up from the top navigation of this site.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Geetar

The lovely Imogen has always been there, in an omnipresent archetypal sort of way. She was there in a perfectly mundane fashion too, I believe.

As for the blog, well, it's Jem- so who knows? Stalin was never so entertaining.

Marx, on the other hand, was very funny. Especially in "Night At The Opera".
This space for sale.

Pedro

Quote from: "Geetar"The lovely Imogen has always been there
.... and still is via the OlderPosts or Previously-December5 routes.....ThumbsUp man must have finally hitched a ride....  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Brom

Jem often tweaks and fiddles with his blog. If you happen to view it mid tweak, you may only get half the picture.

If you are prone to a bit of blog tweaking, my advice is to always save a copy of the original template before you start - just in case.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Trapezium Artist

Very glad to hear that it's just me  :lol:. Then again, to have completely missed Imogen being dippy on Jem's blog, I must have been more totally clobbered by the flu over Christmas than I previously realised.

Must've been one of you lot at The Peel that infected me, I reckon, since I came down with it the day after. Or perhaps it was Legionnaire's Disease from the water which showered down from the air conditioning unit at the back halfway through the gig; it was certainly warm enough in there  :shock:

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"perhaps it was Legionnaire's Disease
We were many, we were one....

Great night.  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

He's only gorn and changed it again! Ahhh wibble wibble wibble ...  :lol:

Breathe. Count to 10. Repeat after me: Change is good. Change is good. Change is good. Change is good. Change is good.

(Yes, still procrastinating from writing exams).

Dave M

If you dont like change, this is definitely not the place for you  :lol:

Did anyone see the Jeff Beck - Ronnie Scotts gig on the TV the other night ?

It featured fabulous performances from Imogen Heap and Joss Stone as guest vocalists, but what caught my eye was the child playing bass for him.

Tal Wilkenfold ... 21 year old waif with a bad perm, man could she play though .. it's not like me to notice a bassist (sorry JJJ no offense meant) but she was fabulous, played the entire gig with a huge grin on her face .. no doubt caused by playing with Beck and the legendary Vinnie Colaiuta on drums.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Dave M"Did anyone see the Jeff Beck - Ronnie Scotts gig on the TV the other night ?
.... Imogen Heap ... Joss Stone ... Tal Wilkenfold ... ... Vinnie Colaiuta
Bloody hell!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Do you know if it's re-watchable anywhere? Sounds like I missed an absolute treat!
* May contain nuts.

Geetar

Wish I'd seen that. Sounds brilliant.

Tal Wilkenfeld- I think we talked about her over on the other side a while back.

She's an old soul, I guess. Whereas I feel like an old shoe.

Recommended: "Truth Be Told" is a fine ballad - real Haslip and Yellowjackets territory, and "BC" for fans of Beck and Tribal Tech.

If anyone's into jazz bass, I also recommend Hadrien Feraud playing with, among others, John McLaughlin; and the ever-wonderful Alain Caron (formerly of UZEB).
This space for sale.

Nellie

Victor Wooton's not bad either.
It's in the post!

Dodie

Quote from: "Dave M"Did anyone see the Jeff Beck - Ronnie Scotts gig on the TV the other night ?

Yep - recorded it on Sky+ a couple of months ago; absolutely fantastic. I bought the live album that came out just before Christmas too, and love it, but am disappointed that it doesn't have the guest appearances on it. I seem to remember seeing a DVD version being mentioned somewhere for release later this year.

Anyway, ages since I listened to Jeff Beck, and this reminded me just how incredibly good he can be.

Cheers

David

Dave R

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
.... Imogen Heap ... Joss Stone ... Tal Wilkenfold ... ... Vinnie Colaiuta
Bloody hell!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Do you know if it's re-watchable anywhere? Sounds like I missed an absolute treat!

You can see most of it on YouTube. And Tal...  :shock: amazing! Do a search for her too on YouTube and you'll see how good she really is.

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"Wish I'd seen that. Sounds brilliant.

Tal Wilkenfeld- I think we talked about her over on the other side a while back.

She's an old soul, I guess. Whereas I feel like an old shoe.

Recommended: "Truth Be Told" is a fine ballad - real Haslip and Yellowjackets territory, and "BC" for fans of Beck and Tribal Tech.

If anyone's into jazz bass, I also recommend Hadrien Feraud playing with, among others, John McLaughlin; and the ever-wonderful Alain Caron (formerly of UZEB).

I'm a big Avashai Cohen fan.