Introducing myself :D

Started by FreeThoughtTH, February 16, 2013, 04:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeThoughtTH

Hi guys,

My name's Tim. I play keyboards in an Australian prog band called FreeThought, based in Brisbane, Queensland. Been a huge fan of Frost* for a while and heard about the forum so thought I'd join in and come on board.

My rig consists of an 88 key MIDI controller (M Audio Oxygen), controlling my laptop with a bunch of soft synths :P.

I love Frost*'s music and I'm REALLY keen for 6 Minutes in September.

While I'm here, I might do a bit of shameless self promotion. Check out my band. We have a demo on youtube with our old singer (he's now left the band, we've got a new, better one :D) that you guys can look at. It is just a demo so yes, the mixing is not great :P. That's all being fixed though don't worry. We've worked with Michael Gagen of Arcane, and hopefully soon to be working with Chrispy Town of Osaka Punch (some local prog bands) on getting everything recorded and mixed properly and are aiming to have the album done by mid year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T76bR1yHBY

Looking forward to spending some time on the forum :D.

Regards,

Tim H

Mikey

Welcome aboard.

No 1 priority.

What's your biscuit?
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Yes, welcome indeed. :)

I can see that the new album title is going to give us some unexpected fun..."I'm really keen for 6 minutes in September"...the rest of the year I really can't be bothered... ;)

Good luck with the album, there's a lot of good stuff that comes from that part of the world.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

E.S.

Rook

G'day mate, and welcome to the forum :)

FreeThoughtTH

Oh excellent, you all have a fabulous sense of humour :P. Seems like a really cool place, I'm keen to spend some more time on here :D.

Not sure if the biscuit question was literal... but Arnott's Kingstons are pretty tasty........?

gr8gonzo

Indeed, the biscuit question is a literal one! And welcome. I think you'll find this forum more than a bit silly. That's what sets us apart. That, and a faulty splint.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Rook

QuoteThat's what sets us apart. That, and a faulty splint.
Badum pish....

catherine

RobRideout

Aloha! Is this a biscuit I'm unfamiliar with? Arnott's Kingstons?

Pedro

Aussie issue - they look nice. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

lyn

Hello! I was under the (maybe misguided) impression that Lamingtons and AnZac biscuits were the only biscuits in  Australia...Oh, and by the way, which one's Pink?

Do you know my Auntie Joan? She lives in Sunnybank.  She went to Australia on an assisted passage ticket.  When I was little I used to tell everyone she went on a convict ship!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

FreeThoughtTH

Those are the ones Pedro!

Yeah Arnott's is Australian (they've probably been bought out by some American multi-national at some point but whatever). Every biscuit they make is delicious, with Kingstons' being the top.

You know Lyn, if you're being serious, I do find that rather quaint. We may seem like a tiny uninhabited island to others around the world, where we all live in outback towns and everyone rides kangaroos to work every day and knows everyone, but unfortunately, that's not really the case :P. So yeah sorry, I don't know your Auntie Joan. However I do live in the suburb right next to Sunnybank so it's surprisingly close. Pretty cool coincidence :D

JimD

Hi FreeThought.

All this talk of biscuits from distant shores reminds me of the time a friend from Australia sent me some records as a birthday present, and packaged them with crisps and biscuits.

See below - it was quite excellent!

Australian things by Jim Davies, on Flickr

In this world of digital file swapping you miss out on opportunities like that.  I feel like sending EVERYTHING I ever put through the post now padded in Quavers, Wotsits and other tasty comestibles.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!