Tiger Moth Tales! A teaser.

Started by tigermoth, March 10, 2014, 09:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

Calling fellow proggers. After just over a year since it's conception, i'm verry close to putting out my first ever prog album. I think it maybe my magnum opus, or at least a reasonably sized opus. I'm going under the name of Tiger Moth Tales, and the album is called "Cocoon". A concept album (oh yes I did say concept album) about childhood, and also about coming to terms with the loss of childhood. And heres a preview:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14720207/Cocoon%20-%20Album%20Teaser.mp3
Probably won't get it out there for another 3 weeks or so, but thought what the eck? Maybe I can drum up some interest! :) I might get a cult following of 3. Haha

Rook

Shut up and take my money!

That is bloody spectacular, mate.

rogerg

sawtooth

It is rather stupendous isn't it? Hairs on the back of my neck were standing up throughout, love the Camberwick Green/Trumpton bit and I think the vocals at the end are stunning.   :)

Rook

Its world class, is what it is. We have some talented buggers here on this board.

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

tigermoth

Thanks so much everyone. This is all verry encouraging. :) I'll put updates on here as they come. It's all ready to go audio wise, just waiting on art work and stuff and trying to work out the best route to go with putting it out there. But glad you like the teaser and I must say it's so nice to talk to like minded folk. It's hard to find fellow proggers or it seems to be down my way, and yet there's more prog out there now than ever before. I have a theory that there's loads of us in the prog closet, we're just afraid to come out! Haha. But thanks all again it means a lot. Going off my own topic but i'm just listening to DS's rpm and I think it's rather good. I shal tell him so now. Thanks chaps.

Mikey

Quote from: tigermoth on March 10, 2014, 09:16:19 PM
I might get a cult following of 3. Haha
Sphericals......think we're up to 6 already.
Excellent.
I used to have a signature

D S

Make that 7!  Brilliant sounding stuff.  Put me down for a copy.  8)
Did you play all the instruments and sing too?
I'm sure I read in an earlier post that you're registered blind - if so, that makes it all the more impressive - and a little humbling.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DueyC

Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

sawtooth

Quote from: D S on March 11, 2014, 07:54:24 PM
Make that 7!  Brilliant sounding stuff.  Put me down for a copy.  8)
Did you play all the instruments and sing too?
I'm sure I read in an earlier post that you're registered blind - if so, that makes it all the more impressive - and a little humbling.
I can testify affirmative to all of the above. He plays guitar better than most guitarists I've ever played with (lap style by the way), can run rings around me with his keyboard skills, plays sax and loads of other instruments too. Oh, and that voice!
I'd hate him, but he's such a nice bloke !  :D

lyn

Nice!

Nine... 8)

Waiting... (Hurry up!)
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

tigermoth

"Nine"! Trebled by jove!! Exelent! Thank you everyone, and thanks Soartooth for a great reference. I'm rather humbled myself with your responses. This is the first prog i've written since I was a teenager when I used to mess about a bit and I didn't know it was called prog, I just liked genesis alot. :) I'm not sure why I went from prog to pop. It may have been a girl. Lol
Thanks all.

JakeWorrell

Blimey tigermoth, I might have to reserve myself a copy too while we're at it
"The longer the note, the more dread."