Awesome free compilation: The New Generation of Prog

Started by Kyo, August 31, 2011, 08:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyo

Hi there,

when you're staging a prog festival for modern and somewhat obscure prog bands, you try to think of ways to make those bands more popular to maximize your audience. But of course there's nothing quite as persuasive as the actual music those bands are playing! I am very happy that thanks to the help of Prog Sphere and the bands and labels involved I was able to put together this awesome compilation:

Free download here: http://www.prog-sphere.com/2011/08/31/a ... on-of-prog

Over 68 minutes of hand-picked modern classics (or at least they should be!) from some of my favorite modern prog bands. There is some mindblowing stuff here: "The Point Of No Return" from Haken's celebrated debut Aquarius (over 11 minutes!), Andromeda's incredible 17 minute epic "Veil of Illumination", Exivious' awesome "Waves Of Thought" - in my opinion it simply doesn't get any better! And of course I hope you'll also enjoy the track that my own band Relocator contributed - our fan favorite Aavishkar, another track that's over 10 minutes long! :)

Enjoy and spread the word  - or in this case, the link! :D

All the best,
Michael
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

rogerg

Kyo

In just four days, "The New Generation of Prog" became the most successful Progstravanza release yet. Thanks for your interest in all these young bands! :)

Unfortunately, all this demand leads to problems with the Prog Sphere server. The site was down just a while ago. It now seems to be working again. In case this happens again, here's a direct download link for the latecomers:
http://www.multiupload.com/QHF31Z1HCO

All the best,
Michael

E.S.

Free music is the best promotion. Thanks for that, will be listening tonight.  :)

Mikey

I suppose that once you've downloaded it, it's a good idea to listen to it  :oops:
I used to have a signature

johninblack

Quote from: "Mikey"I suppose that once you've downloaded it, it's a good idea to listen to it  :oops:

Oh yeah!! Good idea. Nice of you to remind me :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Kyo

Quote from: "Mikey"I suppose that once you've downloaded it, it's a good idea to listen to it  :oops:

Well, it has its pros and cons, but generally that's a pretty popular approach!  :lol:

Mikey

Haken - too shouty
Relocator - Like it
Effloresce - OK until they started growling
Exivious - Needs another play
Theory of elements - No idea, it passed me by
To-mera - Like it
Andromeda - OK
I used to have a signature