this is just terrible sounding

Started by leelustig, February 17, 2009, 07:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leelustig

Is anybody else just cringing at this paragraph? I mean this is horrifying.

"And then, thinking I'd got through Friday the 13th misfortune free, I went up into the kitchen and while I was vigorously grating some cheese, I grated the corner of my thumb off. This, in turn, sheared the top of my thumbnail off which I then had to pull out which took a clump of the flesh behind my thumbnail out with it. It then bled vigorously for about 30 minutes. And now I can't play the keyboards as every time I use my thumb, it's bloody agony.

Back to the loopstation then... "

A cheese grater is definitely one of the most brutal thing to get hurt with. the thought of that thing ya know... doing what it does to your skin... fuckin horrifies me. Jem, you've lived my nightmare. Put a band-aid on that thing instantly for gods sake!

:shock:
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

Pedro

Quote from: "leelustig"...Put a band-aid on that thing instantly for gods sake!
Not sure how performing "Do they know it's Christmas..." on the loopstation will help....  ;)

Perhaps a large (or grater) sized band-aid on the implement itself would be safer all round.  :)

Seriously, I know exactly what you mean....this kind of thing is cringeworhty enough but when it happens to someone who is so fingerly talented.... :shock:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

EVP

Might have to use a thimble next time or those chain hand armor things butchers use.

RacingHippo

Let's just hope that, what with all the new instruments he's been playing with lately, Jem doesn't start getting ideas about mandolins...
* May contain nuts.

Bokkie

how do you pick your nose with such an injury?

but seriously, thats horrible!!!  A view years ago i had a saw-machine accident; a kickback of a piece of wood. Ripped my thumb open. It's rather painful.

Hope it heals soon!!!
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Mouse

It is indeed a most cringeworthy injury to think about. Jem, hope it gets better soon!

It's always the smaller-scale injuries that makes us wince more, isn't it?

johninblack

Quote from: "leelustig"while I was vigorously grating some cheese, I grated the corner of my thumb off. This, in turn, sheared the top of my thumbnail off which I then had to pull out which took a clump of the flesh behind my thumbnail out with it. It then bled vigorously for about 30 minutes.

Been there, done that, got the (bloodstained for authenticity's sake) T-Shirt.
What really gets me about these kinds of injury is that you do it, look at it. think that it should really, really hurt. It's at that point an express trains worth of super highly charged mega-pain strikes. Why? What difference should looking at it make?
That whole "don't hurt till I look at it" concept has bugged me for years......
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Bert

Quote from: "johninblack"That whole "don't hurt till I look at it" concept has bugged me for years......

Perhaps it's a real life version of the Schrödinger's cat experiment  :?:
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Nellie

Oh for goodness' sake! You blokes ought to try having a baby...now that smarts!
It's in the post!

Pedro

Quote from: "Nellie"Oh for goodness' sake! You blokes ought to try having a baby...now that smarts!
Really? I thoroughly enjoyed all the trying....  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Nellie"Oh for goodness' sake! You blokes ought to try having a baby...now that smarts!
Really? I thoroughly enjoyed all the trying....  ;)

heh

point goes to Pedro.

Nellie

He's only getting away with that one because it was his birthday and he's got a bad shoulder/ear!
It's in the post!

Geetar

I think Jem should stay away from sharp objects.
This space for sale.

Mouse

Quote from: "Geetar"I think Jem should stay away from sharp objects.

Does that include his wit? We can't have a humourless Jem...

Geetar

Fer sure, but the daft git keeps trying to fillet himself (see blog).

Perhaps he should cover himself from head to toe in rubber, or something..?  :shock:
This space for sale.