It done We done. Izznit.

Started by Jem, March 31, 2010, 11:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

Goodness, that's a kitchen sink of a track. Is it possible for a song to be a mash-up of itself? The sheer energy of it! Say you go skydiving...naked...holding a hive of angry bees...headlong into an erupting volcano. I'm not going anywhere with that scenario, jus' sayin'.

Cannot wait to get a proper CD version.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pajter

Can't.stop.listening.

It's terrible actually. I lay in bed at night with this song still racing through my head. I can't get to sleep!

MikeEvs

I can't be the only one that's reversed the backwards bit I can't make out all of it so far I have:

Something then " "All that I am, thank goodness me, all that you are" ...
then a bit more then
 "above me"... "take the face off the moon" and there's mention of the "sun" too and it ends with:
" I know your everything, I know your faith, I know your everything"

Pajter

Quote from: "MikeEvs"I can't be the only one that's reversed the backwards bit I can't make out all of it so far I have:

Something then " "All that I am, thank goodness me, all that you are" ...
then a bit more then
 "above me"... "take the face off the moon" and there's mention of the "sun" too and it ends with:
" I know your everything, I know your faith, I know your everything"

Haha that was one of the first things I did as well. Pretty cool how it still sounds reversed after you reverse it.

gr8gonzo

To my ears, some of what's backward sounds like it was also sung backward to sound forward when played forward. If that sense any makes.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Marklar

JEM!!

You actually got the sound, which was made in the interview by Frans Keylard, in to the track, didn't you?  :) Is it at the end, right after the sampled air conditioning unit?

I woke up at 5am (eastern european time) for the broadcast, and it was totally worth it!

Ivor

Quote from: "Jem"I know it's a lot of information to wade through, but there's layers of fun to be had after a few listens.  :D

I have to admit, on first listen I was a bit er... hmm...  :| er..., but that was about 6:50 this morning. Now, at 20:something, after a coupla glasses of me fave vinoir, I'm a lot more er, :lol: :twisted: :? :D :o :P :mrgreen: .

Is it just me prying ears, or do I hear a little bit of influence of Mr Vai's more recent structures in there? (7:32-8:13 in particular) Please don't take offence!

A whole lotta stuff in that one ickle track, and the last segment is just blissful.

Quote from: "Jem"I feel very comfortable with this new Frost sound, it stems from not filtering what's in my head at all. I may expand on the theme throughout the year.  8-)

Please do.  ;)

DLBN Shawn

I'm really curious as to what that little solo sound is that starts off the ambient solo bathroom air conditioner section right near the end of the track. It's like a little creature talking to you!  How the heck did he create this sound?  I've never heard anything like it before! :)

amazingwilf

Quote from: "DLBN Shawn"I'm really curious as to what that little solo sound is that starts off the ambient solo bathroom air conditioner section right near the end of the track. It's like a little creature talking to you!  How the heck did he create this sound?  I've never heard anything like it before! :)
This video explains the aircon sound at least, Shawn :)
David \'Wilf\' Elliott
Listen to The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
http]

RacingHippo

Finally, sat up in bed after having escaped recordings of Countdown in a balmy 70 sitting room (why do septuagenarians bake themselves??), I've put my earphones into the laptop and loaded TDL into Winamp.
Ooh, opening with Gabriel.... oh, hang on... that sounds decidedly... "esoteric"....
* May contain nuts.

Bert

Jesus f****g Christ  :shock:

Immense. Staggering.

(apols for the profanity, but I don't know how else to put it)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Pedro

I was bursting with questions form the the very first listen on Sunday morning!
I'm desperate to know the lyrics.
There's little bits of backwards, slowed-down, forebackwards, backforwards, speeded-up and God knows what in there.
There's violin that is deffo violin, there's violin that I suspect might be V-Synth...
There's female vocals in there that may or may not be Tara...
I want to know what that plucked piano-ey sound is to acompany the bit from 13:43 on (there's goosebumps in that bit - particularly when the guitar kicks in - to make a grown man get a bit too moist in the occular regions - no, I've got something in my eye that's all!).
And there's loads more each time I listen!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

* May contain nuts.

metalmatt

Quote from: "Ivor"Is it just me prying ears, or do I hear a little bit of influence of Mr Vai's more recent structures in there? (7:32-8:13 in particular) Please don't take offence!

s

It's weird that you would say that because to me it sounds like Spock's Beard. Can't quite put my finger on why I'd say that though.

Whatever the case the whole thing is bloody marvellous!
"It\'s Phil Collins!... What\'s that Phil you need help with some lyrics, you think she has an Invisible Touch? Well you better ask her and find out."

Pajter

I hear some familiar stuff in there too. But on steroids. Can't be arsed to list all of them, this song just rocks. Period.