new frost reports

Started by turbo, July 17, 2010, 11:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davejd

Have just watched both new Frost* reports, brilliant and as usual, hilarious. If the earth does indeed laugh in flowers, then my garden needs new underpants.

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "davejd"Have just watched both new Frost* reports, brilliant and as usual, hilarious. If the earth does indeed laugh in flowers, then mine needs new underpants.

Or underplants.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

I don't know much about the legals but I remember Jem had modify HITN before it could go on the tour disc. Maybe giving it away is different, but is it still viewed as "promotion"?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

considering the time and effort that Jem put into Fanfare, I'm sure he would release it if he could.

boswell

Quote from: "Pedro"I don't know much about the legals but I remember Jem had to modify HITN before it could go on the tour disc. Maybe giving it away is different, but is it still viewed as "promotion"?

He must've had to pay royalties on that too, even without the sampled bits at the start.

This sort of thing usually involves the PRS who are a jolly bunch. They constantly show up to my friends tribute band gigs and just stand and stare unmercifully at the back of the venue. They apparently pursued an old lady for not obtaining a live performance permit while singing to herself at work.

So I retract my previous optimism, and replace it with a deep resentment, for people who do an important job, but take it way too far.

ChrisX

Quote from: "Pedro"I don't know much about the legals but I remember Jem had modify HITN before it could go on the tour disc. Maybe giving it away is different, but is it still viewed as "promotion"?

He had to modify because his original version used the original intro from the ELO version and on that particular thing rests a recording copyright which prohibits you from using it. He could however have re-recorded it using entirely different sounds but in the end he opted otherwise.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)