The Jem Godfrey model...

Started by YamahaSynth, January 08, 2009, 01:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YamahaSynth

Apologies in advance to those of you expecting an action figure of our biscuit loving friend, but I saw this today and felt it should be posted here:

QuoteA couple months ago Trent Reznor publicly sounded off about the difficulties he faced with his old record company that prevented him from filming a 3D concert film. Now he's inviting fans to make their own DVD by offering over 400gb of raw HD concert footage free via NIN's own torrent tracker.
Quote from: "Trent Renzor"The internet is full of surprises these days.
I was contacted by a mysterious, shadowy group of subversives who SOMEHOW managed to film a substantial amount (over 400 GB!) of raw, unedited HD footage from three separate complete shows of our Lights in the Sky tour. Security must have been lacking at these shows because the quality of the footage is excellent.

If any of you could find a LINK to that footage I'll bet some enterprising fans could assemble something pretty cool.

Oh yeah, you didn't hear this from me.

First music, now video?! Get on it Jem!!:D

I'm so excited to hear (and see) what the future brings... :)

RacingHippo

Ha! Excellent :)
There's also a relevant article by Charles Arthur in the Grauniad today - Record sales can't get music companies off the hook
* May contain nuts.

Dave M

Here's an interesting point i hadnt thought of ...

"The death of Zavvi and Woolworths, the former a prime source of at least a bit of musical serendipity - you're looking for one thing but you find a different album which, because of its cover or proximity to an artist you like, catches your eye - means that supermarkets will have an ever-tighter grip on physical CD sales ...... Clearly, supermarkets, whose range is limited to those CDs that sell as quickly as baked beans, are going to squeeze the life - and variety - out of the CD. It's what they do to everything they sell. If you've got a hit, then Hallelujah. Otherwise, forget it."

It's a modern world eh ?
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..