arrgh!! Im sooo freakin fuming!!

Started by weezul, March 06, 2009, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weezul

Right, long story short i've spent the better part of a year recording and mixing an album for a group of folk musicians who befriended me. Yesterday, the 1000 copies of the pressed disc finally arrived, and we were all excited, but my flatmate who did the artwork (and not even properly) and little else (some bad backing vocals) has fucking gone round early with the cds like "hell yeah check em out" while i was at work. Even though im the one who poured hours and hours and hours of my life into it despite being in the last year of my degree and working and teaching and FUCK SAKE!!!!!!!!!. Im so freaking annoyed im gonna blow up!!!!!!
I just had to get that off my chest, thanks. I know i'm just as bad as him wanting the glory, but the amount of time i put into this (for almost no pay) would be astonishing to anyone. :'(

Anyways on with your day :) I feel better just for typing it out

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Yeah writing things out can be quite cathartic... I get where you're coming from though, pretty inconsiderate and somewhat disrespectful of the guy not to wait for a 'group' listen.

Mouse

Ouch, you have my condolences sire.  :(

johninblack

Some people are just selfish beyond words. Kick his arse. :x
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

tomskerous

sounds like a bit of an unthinking nob.

Hope the band express their thanks to you in far more long-term ways than that first moment he stole.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Geetar

If the people you worked with know what's what, then I'm sure they recognise the value of the various contributions. Put another way, if they want to do this a second time, would they get a) you or b) your inconsiderate friend to steer the project?

And if it's any consolation, it's a lot easier to get praise than it is to get paid. That's something I know more about than anyone would sensibly wish to.
This space for sale.

Nellie

Just put his cd collection in the toaster :twisted:
It's in the post!

Tricky

Quote from: "Nellie"Just put his cd collection in the toaster :twisted:

The microwave would be more fun, but if he's your flatmate and you share the microwave (and want to use it again) that might not be such a good idea  :twisted:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

AnsOnkruid

Quote from: "Nellie"Just put his cd collection in the toaster :twisted:
Now that's an idea :twisted:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

weezul

haha thanks for the kind words :) im over it now but yeah it was in bad taste. You're spot on with the comments though Geetar!