Main Menu

Sad cafe

Started by Mikey, June 01, 2011, 08:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Nothing like stating the bleedin' obvious  :D

Sad Café were an English rock band, which formed in Manchester in 1976, as a result of the unification of the rock bands Mandala and Gyro. Sad Café are best known for their song "Every Day Hurts" which reached Number 3 in the UK Singles Chart in 1979. The group founding members were: Paul Young (vocals), Ian Wilson (guitar), Vic Emerson (keyboards, left 1984), Ashley Mulford (lead guitar, left 1981) - was replaced by Mike Hehir, who later went on to back Corey Hart, John Stimpson (bass, left 1980) - was replaced by Des Tong and Tony Cresswell (drums, left 1979) - was replaced by Dave Irving. Other members included: Lenni (saxophone), Jeff Seopardi (drum programming), Phil Lanzon (keyboards), Steve Pigott (keyboards), Paul Burgess (drums). Only Paul Young and Ian Wilson stayed the full course, although there was a tribute concert after Young's death (Young died on 15 July 2000, at the age of 53) that clearly featured Sad Café minus him. Eric Stewart produced two Sad Café albums.

& a quick PS

As of 2011, a new album has been released Paul Young Chronicles, compiled from unfinished material recovered from his home studio, and a new single Paul Young Your Shoes, written by Paul Young and Mike Rutherford. The new album also features renowned musicians such as Graham Gouldman and Eric Stewart of 10cc, Victor Emerson, Ian Wilson, Ashley Mulford, Dave Irving, Mike Byron Hehir, Des Tong, and Lenni, all of Sad Café, and Paul Carrack and Mike Rutherford of Mike and the Mechanics. The album was produced by his good friend Alistair Gordon (ex "Bankstatement") Tony Banks album from Genesis.
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Interesting, will be intrigued to hear more.
Thanks Mikey
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Been listening to Fanx Ta ra all day, great album

Mikey