High Voltage Festival

Started by MikeEvs, December 03, 2009, 01:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

I heard that Lethargy had dropped out? (I know it's a delicious joke but I think it's serious).

Also, Rob Cottingham has confirmed they are on at 12:20 so is asking people to make sure they aren't late. I guess it would be a bit grim to play to an empty field....but we'll be sure to get there early (bound to be a SNAFU with the wrist-bands and/or loads of people having to have all their food and drink confiscated so expecting queue delays).
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

From the looks of that preliminary very sketchy schedule, Marillion will overlap a bit with ELP.  :cry:  I really hope that doesn't happen (and they initially said that it wouldn't), but I think it's to be expected given the arrangement of the festival so far.

Although, you never know! They might pull one out of the bag on the day, and the whole thing will be absolutely brilliant. You never know... ...But severely doubt...

Bert

Quote from: "Pedro"I heard that Lethargy had dropped out? (I know it's a delicious joke but I think it's serious).

Heh heh  :)

We're travelling down on Friday and staying near Liverpool Street for the duration. Therefore, looking to get there in time for the kick off at the Prog Stage.

Getting seriously excited.  :lol:
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

MikeEvs

Friend has decided just to go Saturday as it's only really Opeth he was interested in seeing on Sunday, but as I already had a hotel booked for Saturday and Sunday night I'm going to make use of it and go home on the train on Monday

Bert

Quote from: "MikeEvs"Friend has decided just to go Saturday as it's only really Opeth he was interested in seeing on Sunday, but as I already had a hotel booked for Saturday and Sunday night I'm going to make use of it and go home on the train on Monday

Top man. I KNEW you were a closet ELP fan  ;)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Bert"
Quote from: "MikeEvs"Friend has decided just to go Saturday as it's only really Opeth he was interested in seeing on Sunday, but as I already had a hotel booked for Saturday and Sunday night I'm going to make use of it and go home on the train on Monday

Top man. I KNEW you were a closet ELP fan  ;)

umm MotoGP race from Laguna Seca starts at 10pm I might leave early on Sunday ;)

MikeEvs

Pedro

Item on Prog/High Voltage on Sky News - contains Touchstone and ELP.

Click here to read the article and see the clip
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

Very happy to see the mighty Touchstone getting a good bit of coverage, and also to see that ELP were rehearsing a chunk of Tarkus for Sunday.  :D

However, I am not happy at the stage times. Looks like I'll be missing Joe Bonamassa (to see Uriah Heep do all of Demons And Wizards - I can't miss that) and the end of Marillion's set (to catch the beginning of ELP). I know no-one really expected them to stick to their initial promise of "no two bands on stage times will clash", but it still really pisses me off and disappoints me.  :evil:  It's a good thing I've seen the two I'm going to (partially) miss twice before, else there'd be hell to pay!

I'm still gunning for a good time, though. *optimism mode engaged*  :)

owen

even the Grauniads reporting on it (not front page though)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/ju ... tly-autumn
Pity Jem's not playing, that would raise Frost*'s profile. Or doesn't anyone read this stuff?

Ash

looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and or Sunday - I keep thinking that I am not expecting much so that I won't be disappointed
Ash
xxx

L33VEY

Quote from: "Mouse"From the looks of that preliminary very sketchy schedule, Marillion will overlap a bit with ELP.  :cry:  

I'll be quite happy for Transatlantic to play on for those that prefer them to ZZ Top......
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Sarah"looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and or Sunday - I keep thinking that I am not expecting much so that I won't be disappointed

See you there  :)

MikeEvs

From High Voltage facebook page:

"The OFFICIAL High Voltage Afterparties will take place after the festival closes on Saturday night and Sunday night at the Big Red Rock Bar on Holloway Road, London and is FREE to all festival goers. No Wristband No Entry!"

turbo

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "Mouse"From the looks of that preliminary very sketchy schedule, Marillion will overlap a bit with ELP.  :cry:  

I'll be quite happy for Transatlantic to play on for those that prefer them to ZZ Top......

Your bang on there mate, doubt very much that ill be there long after transatlantic finish, I've never been too keen on zzzzzzzzzzzzz top.
?"By the beard of Zeus"