Mouse Projects

Started by Mouse, July 08, 2010, 04:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Good afternoon, everyone!

For the last month or so, I've been working on an orchestral version of the Tinyfish track Nine Months On Fire. Last night, I finally completed it. If you're interested, it can be heard and downloaded over on my Bandcamp site, which I must say big thanks to Jem for putting me onto, because it's a brilliant place and I heartily recommend it to everyone. If you don't know much about Tinyfish, then you must scuttle over to their website and discover some wonderful music, especially their original version of the tune.

I'd also like to thank the rather fab Jim from Tinyfish for doing the rather fab logo that's up there, too. Cheers, Jim!  :D

If you want to know the full-ish story about why I did it, there's an explanation of sorts on my blog. I just did it for a bit of fun, and I hope you like it.  :)

If I do anything else of interest, I'll report back here to let you all know. Tally-ho!

rogerg

as I have said on many venues  ;)  it's a crackin' arrangement, Mouse!!!

Pedro

Nice work, Mouse! So glad you got it done in the end....it would have been a shme to leave it.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

a shmarme? is that anything like a shmoo?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

gav

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"a shme? is that anything like a shmoo?
:lol:
Is there a way for us lot to moderate the moderators typo's? ;)
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Mouse

Ah, but now it's been pointed out and discussed, to correct the original would remove purpose from the following comments, and this would be against the Laws of Time, and then someone will never have been born... It's best to just leave it and make fun.  ;) [You know, you're right!]

Thanks for the nice words, Pedders and Roger.  :)

Mouse

Quote from: "Pedro"...it would have been a shme to leave it.  :)

A shme heeeeeeee?

Pedro

Quote from: "Mouse"

A shme heeeeeeee?

Now that's just brilliant!  :D

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "Mouse"

A shme heeeeeeee?

:lol:  :lol:  Love it.

I already complimented Mouse on FB, butt aisle dew sew hear two. Well done! Also like the 'fishified Mouse logo. Very cool of Jim to do that.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

RacingHippo

Quote from: "gav"
Indeed.
It's the 2nd time I've seen a textual gaff from Professor Pedro today.
He slipped in an apostrophe where it shouldn't have been in another thread that I read earlier today.
I'm beginning to suspect that he's an imposter...

Meanwhile, back on-topic: I said on FB I'd been looking forward to hearing the completion of this, and I'm glad to say it was worth waiting for.
You've a talent there, young fella-me-lad.
* May contain nuts.

Mouse

Pedro

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "gav"
Indeed.
It's the 2nd time I've seen a textual gaff from Professor Pedro today.
He slipped in an apostrophe where it shouldn't have been in another thread that I read earlier today.
I'm beginning to suspect that he's an imposter...
Bally Heck, this is not good. Sorry people.  :oops:

This is not the full reason (old age and lapse of attention are the main factors) but I have been "enjoying" the OS4.0 upgrade for my 2nd Gen iPod Touch which, for some reason only on this forum, makes text entry pain...ful...ly sloooow AND every touch of the backspace key wins you a double deletion (separated by a second or two). If you don't wait long enough, and try to carry on typing, you lose a character...as in "shme".

Must try harder.

It wo'nt hapen again!  ;)

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"[... a lot of blame on Mr Jobs' technology which is, as we all know, perfect *cough* so can't possibly be at fault...]
I still won't believe it's the real you until I see some world-class puns.

Quote from: "Pedro"It wo'nt hapen again!  ;)
If you weren't so damned tall (and 200 miles away) I'd slap you upside* the head for that.

* This is the only excusable use for the word "upside"
* May contain nuts.

Mouse

Not even when coupled with 'down'?