Main Menu

Top Gear?

Started by catherine, November 09, 2008, 10:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherine

As part of my mission to bring Frost to a wider public, and seeing Jeremy Clarkson namecheck Camel, Gong, and Genesis while he was chatting to Will Young on Top Gear this evening, a thought struck me. I wonder if there would be any mileage (sorry) in sending Mr Clarkson a copy of EIMA once it comes out? He's a bit of a not-so-closet progger, and has recently contributed sleeve notes to some recent Genesis re-releases.

TG often has cars driving along with music playing - wouldn't it be fab if a bit of Frost hit the Sunday prime-time airwaves?

Brom

Quote from: "catherine"As part of my mission to bring Frost to a wider public, and seeing Jeremy Clarkson namecheck Camel, Gong, and Genesis while he was chatting to Will Young on Top Gear this evening, a thought struck me. I wonder if there would be any mileage (sorry) in sending Mr Clarkson a copy of EIMA once it comes out? He's a bit of a not-so-closet progger, and has recently contributed sleeve notes to some recent Genesis re-releases.

TG often has cars driving along with music playing - wouldn't it be fab if a bit of Frost hit the Sunday prime-time airwaves?

Wot! Camel quoted on Top Gear  :o   and :shock: Going to have to check out the i-player.

Nice idea Catherine.

Another closet progger worth chasing down is Al Murray, I was at Progeny a couple of years ago where he introduced Re-Genesis (I think it was) on the same bill as Man and Jadis. He joined the Genesis tribute band on stage playing cymbals on 'Firth of Fifth'. Incidentally I also saw him with Chad Smith of the Chilli Peppers doing a drum demo at a music trade show. As well as some very solid drumming, from Al as well with his modest kit, it was brilliantly adlibbed entertainment as well.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Dave M

It's probably a bit too modern for Jezza ... I would guess he's a died in the wool ancient prog man ... he stated on the show that music died in 1979  :D
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

PaulBM

Quote from: "Dave M"It's probably a bit too modern for Jezza ... I would guess he's a died in the wool ancient prog man ... he stated on the show that music died in 1979  :D

So let's send him a copy and prove him wrong.  :)

No... wait... will Clarkson ever admit to being wrong?  :lol:

James_S

Quote from: "PaulBM"
Quote from: "Dave M"It's probably a bit too modern for Jezza ... I would guess he's a died in the wool ancient prog man ... he stated on the show that music died in 1979  :D

So let's send him a copy and prove him wrong.  :)

No... wait... will Clarkson ever admit to being wrong?  :lol:

Tell him its from 1978 :D
So many keyboards, so little time!

Dodie

>It's probably a bit too modern for Jezza ... I would guess he's a died in the wool ancient >prog man ... he stated on the show that music died in 1979

I don't know about that - according to some reckonings, things took a distinct downturn after 1750...

Cheers

David