Frost* Derby DVD - PLEASE READ!

Started by Jem, January 11, 2011, 12:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Just need to be clear, the Rockfield DVD cannot involve an audience - there isn't room. Right?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Pedro"Just need to be clear, the Rockfield DVD cannot involve an audience - there isn't room. Right?
maybe we could stand outside?
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

Actually, if we get mug shots of everyone from the Derby gig, could we do a printed montage of faces so you have people to look at while playing?  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nellie

Quote from: "Pedro"Just need to be clear, the Rockfield DVD cannot involve an audience - there isn't room. Right?

As far as  know, it's only the band. I'm not even allowed! :(
It's in the post!

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Pedro"Actually, if we get mug shots of everyone from the Derby gig, could we do a printed montage of faces so you have people to look at while playing?  ;)

genius!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

keithd

What a bummer! Didn't get to Derby but was at the Bilston show and was looking forward to the DVD. Just one request please Jem, please will you make the planned CD available to us other gig attendees who couldn't make the Derby gig (damn work commitments!!) Really wouldn't want to miss out on that!!
My Hovercraft is full of eels

robh

I was there - and it was worth the trip up from Reading because it was the best gig of the year for me.  It's a shame that the complete concert cannot be used, but at least we'll get to see some of it.  Good luck for Rockfield, but I guess that everything will be under control there.

rogerg

Quote from: "Pedro"Actually, if we get mug shots of everyone from the Derby gig, could we do a printed montage of faces so you have people to look at while playing?  ;)

as an expert in this kind of concert attendance, this is a great idea!  8-)

seriously Jem, gutted for you.  your stomach must have dropped ten miles on first hearing the sound problems.

shit happens, and life goes on, and you're a top bloke, and I'll be happy with what you can give us!

LivingForever

Quite, quite gutted, but at least...

- I got to see the best Frost* gig ever (or, yet)
- I got to hang out with lots of Frost*ies again!
- I got to find out what it feels like to do a "15 minute" (i.e. 45 minute) walk in -10 degrees
- I got to handle the big banana
- I got to have John Mitchell use me as a camera shield (apologies to the poor people who were hoping for a good shot.)
- I got to chat to Jem about which are the nice bits of Surbiton
- I got drunk...  :oops:
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Againesis

Bad news but Uncle Jem never leaves us Frosties in the lurch.  So...roll on DVD2.

Already excited all over again!
There are only 10 types of people]

gr8gonzo

I empathize with Jem and the lads for this most unfortunate, but uncontrollable set of circumstances. I'm sure you're more than a little disappointed. By all accounts, it was a great show. I feel terrible for the Derby folks who won't get that extra souvenir, but glad that they have the memory of a great gig and hopefully still a snippet of the show may surface.

I LOVE the idea of a Frost*ie collage for the live session DVD. Could we arrange for the traveling banana to be in attendance?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

alexio

Really sorry to hear about the DVD problems, but thanks Jem for being so open and honest and caring deeply enough to try and make things better for us. Even when things like this happen, it really is a pleasure to be a Frost*ie.

The Derby gig was a great night and definitely worth the journey, whatever the outcome.

Also, the Rockfield sessions sounds like an awesome plan - extra songs and Frost* reporty goodness, so I now look forward very much to that :D

Fogeyspasm

From bad news comes great news. The plan sounds a good one and im all rather excited at the prospect of all these extra goodies.
Plus i reckon Nellie is banned from Rockfield due to her trying to ply the band with alcoholic ginger beer. :lol:
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Phrog

Jem, thank you for all the effort you put in to this project and the tour as a whole, this is a great shame but of course we don't blame you! I wasn't able to make the Derby gig but Bilston was phenomenal, so any release off the back of the tour will be richly appreciated, and the plans for the new DVD sound like a right blinder! Derby footage or not, you're a fecking hero sir!  :)

Gman

Ah man, I'm truly gutted for you and the rest of the chaps.

Derby was an amazing gig and the sound was spectacular so it must be really sickening to not hear it in the glory that we did!

A massive shame but my cap is doffed to you for bothering to take the time to write such a lovely bad news message. You're one of a kind!  :)