Main Menu

Mirrors?

Started by Trapezium Artist, January 04, 2013, 03:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

This afternoon's procrastination led me to watch the special Frost* Report that was made available on a disc of some shiny variety at the 2008 pre-EIMA release gigs with Spock's Beard. This starts with a bunch of snippets from other reports and my eye was taken by section at the 2 minute mark.

This shows a whiteboard titled "Look at the gold disk" and a number of mostly familiar song names below with lines through them:

EIMA
Falling Down
Mirrors
Pocket Sun
Secret Song
Toys
Welcome to Nowhere
Wonderland

Over the top, Jem's saying "The lines of justice through the songs of meaning", accompanied by some background sniggering  :)

But, I asked myself, what is "Mirrors"? Is it "Saline", "Dear Dead Days", or "You/I", the missing songs from the final EIMA track list ... or is it something else, otherwise unreleased?  :?

Anyone know? Jem; care to share?

gr8gonzo

"Kicking Mirrors" was the working title of "Dear Dead Days"
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "gr8gonzo""Kicking Mirrors" was the working title of "Dear Dead Days"

Thanks, Gonzo; interesting. A quick search on the net shows that indeed to be the case, but I'm surprised that I've never heard it before.

Then again, I'm obviously not keeping up, since I didn't realise that there was an Addams Family book by the same name either:

gr8gonzo

Heh  :)

"Kicking Mirrors" even (sort of) appears in the Frost* Word Search (which Sack Lion is working on at the beginning of Pedro's "Toys" video), though it's not on the word list.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Heh  :)

"Kicking Mirrors" even (sort of) appears in the Frost* Word Search (which Sack Lion is working on at the beginning of Pedro's "Toys" video), though it's not on the word list.

Ooh, that's all jolly mysterious and conspiratorial ... But I'm still unsure where that name ever surfaced in the first place ...  :?