Guitar Tone and Amp Modelling. The ultimate question...

Started by RobRideout, December 04, 2011, 09:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrizzleRocker

Quote from: "Mouse"Speaking of feedback, I love the story of how Snowy White gets the reeeeeeeeally long feedback note during the solo on Hey You on Roger Waters' current tour of The Wall. He has to stand in an exact spot the exact distance from his amps to get it right whilst making sure to hit the note precisely on cue to be in time and to get the full effect with the rest of the show. The audience don't get to see it of course, because there's a bloody great wall in the way, but there is a behind the scenes video on YouTube somewhere...

Yer tis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ytT_TKj-I

B
[size=85]Shut up and play yer guitar....[/size]

johninblack

Never mind all that!

Periodontal scalers are dental instruments used primarily in the prophylactic and periodontal care of human teeth. The working ends come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but they are always narrow at the tip, so as to allow for access to narrow embrasure spaces between teeth. They differ from periodontal curettes, which possess a blunt tip.

Use

Together with periodontal curettes, periodontal scalers are used to remove calculus from teeth. Scalers are used above the gum line, and curettes are used below it. Use of a scaler below the gum line is likely to damage the gingiva.
The anterior scaler (yellow ring) is straight, while the posterior scaler (orange ring) has an angled terminal shank (highlighted in red) to allow for easy access to the surfaces of posterior teeth.

Scalers are universal and have scraping edges on both sides of their blades, and are thus fit for both mesial and distal surfaces of any tooth in the area in which they are being used.

Scalers are best used when their terminal shanks, namely, the last portions of the handle attached to the blades, are held parallel to the long axis of the tooth. To facilitate proper usage, instruments often come with posterior analogs which possess angled terminal shanks.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

So how high should a pineapple bounce when it's ripe?

johninblack

Quote from: "Mouse"So how high should a pineapple bounce when it's ripe?
About 3 inches more that a week before it was ripe.  :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Drarok

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"
Quote from: "gav"Good ol' Marshalls ;)

Good old 'proper' Marshalls. The cheaper models (for example anything with built in digital effects) are dreadful, I've not owned one myself but I've had at least 2 friends with them - 1 guy's broke after a couple of years. the other guy's broke after a few months so he had it replaces and that one also broke.
I dunno about that, I've got one of those ones with digi effects built-in, and I've had it for at least 6 years now. Maybe I got lucky!

E.S.

Nothing like a furious JCM800, but you have to crank it, and that can't be done in every home.

RWA

Quote from: "Drarok"
Quote from: "JakeWorrell"
Quote from: "gav"Good ol' Marshalls ;)

Good old 'proper' Marshalls. The cheaper models (for example anything with built in digital effects) are dreadful, I've not owned one myself but I've had at least 2 friends with them - 1 guy's broke after a couple of years. the other guy's broke after a few months so he had it replaces and that one also broke.
I dunno about that, I've got one of those ones with digi effects built-in, and I've had it for at least 6 years now. Maybe I got lucky!

Dear Mr MG,

We're very sorry to hear that. That's not suppose to happen.  :|

We at Marshall have a rock solid standard when it comes to failing amps.
Your particular model should've stopped working 3 months after purchase. We have no idea what happened to yours. But we would be more then happy to screw it up for you. You can return the amp to us, free of charge, and we''ll replace it with one that died years ago asap.

Sincerely,

Marshall Customers Service

Drarok

Mikey

Quote from: "johninblack"prophylactic

On your teeth?
I used to have a signature