Article by Jem in Sound On Sound July '11

Started by Pedro, June 23, 2011, 12:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Hi,

If anyone is interested in the more techy side of Jem's sonic trickery, there's a 5-page article in the mag describing some of the techniques he uses.

There is also a link to some supporting files including video's that show some of the insides of two tracks; The Dividing Line (with Imogen Heap's Gig Toilet Air-Con) and FFTCM (the outrageous glitchery).

Here is the link : http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul11/a ... nmedia.htm

Enjoy :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

DueyC

A very interesting article, well worth the 99p download charge.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Pedro

I had no idea you could download articles, cool. I bought the whole mag in paper form cos it's got the Monotribe on the cover and reviewed inside, plus Jem's article and pictures of lots of shiny expensive things I don't need or understand! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

I haven't gotten the article yet, but the (free!) downloadable sound files and examples are ace!!

Mikey

Quote from: "rogerg"I haven't gotten the article yet, but the (free!) downloadable sound files and examples are ace!!
Indeed  :D
I used to have a signature

E.S.

Great article! Just like the geeky Frost* reports, I'm now full of inspiration for sonic destruction.
Too bad I don't have PT, so I can't hear the examples like they were intended. I can only guess.. Maybe make my own song of it.  :lol:

Drarok

QuoteError?  Article name incorrect or Not Available on this site
:cry:

Download of sample files still works. I wonder if that freebie Pro-tools I got with some hardware will open it...

rogerg

Quote from: "Drarok"
QuoteError?  Article name incorrect or Not Available on this site
:cry:

Download of sample files still works. I wonder if that freebie Pro-tools I got with some hardware will open it...

they're all just wavs, etc. except for the one ptf file, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Drarok

Indeed, the WAVs and the videos are all fine. Wasn't sure what was in the pro-tools project though.

Mikey

I'm a bit of a dummy & I managed to play them. Just need the right player
I used to have a signature