Spotify

Started by Tricky, February 15, 2009, 11:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricky

Is anyone else using Spoify?
I got an invite of a mate when it was in beta, but now anyone can join (but not in the USA yet*)
I'd heartily recommend Spotify.  There's a pretty good selection of music (although not that much obscure Prog), and best of all it's free and fast.  The quality isn't bad either.

Right now I'm re-exploring the early Genesis that I had on (now defunct) tapes.  I'd forgotten how much I liked Selling England - I might have to go and buy it again  :)

I do hope that these guys can make the business model work; I'm not sure that they can keep it going without increasing the (presently low) frequency of the adverts  :(

* I understand that the Colonials can sign up using a proxy and then log on anywhere.
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

catherine

Signed up for it and downloaded it, but find I can't log in.

SerFox

Got there before me.

If you can't log in, re-register, I suppose.

This is absolutely amazing. This is the future of music. This is incredible, a giant wealth of music for near free with ad's, or pay £10 a month for an ad free subscription. That's like buying an entire HMV for a month for only £10.

Dayum.

Also: They've already managed to pay for the original licenses, no reason why they can't keeo going.