Tinyfish at the Peel

Started by Nellie, December 23, 2008, 12:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nellie

I'm sure that anyone who was there would agree that Tinyfish played an amazing semi acoustic set on Sunday lunchtime. Very entertaining! I am now looking forward to the full electric set on Jan 10th and would recommend buying tickets asap. Unfortunately, the exclusive EP that was only available to people on 21st, sold out. But, fortunately, I do have a copy :lol:
Sorry I didn't introduce myself to many people at the Frost* gig as I went home early with a tummy ache :(  Nice to meet those I did tho'. :D
It's in the post!

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Yes, a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable set, with an added dimension from Leon's box of percussive electronic wizzardry.
I thought the Tinyfish set worked really well between the more intense Frost* and It Bites sets.

Mick

LivingForever

Nice to meet you Nellie -sorry for buying a CD from you and not realising who you were!

I'm tempted to come to the tinyfish gig but I'm supposed to be in Paris, very very tempting though.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

johninblack

Quote from: "LivingForever"Nice to meet you Nellie -sorry for buying a CD from you and not realising who you were!

I'm tempted to come to the tinyfish gig but I'm supposed to be in Paris, very very tempting though.

That was Nellie selling the CD's? Bloody hell! Hello Nellie :D . I'd be very tempted to come along too but I have a previous booking some place oop north!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Nellie

I know I didn't have a name badge on (as it was poo-pooed ;) ), but there was a public announcement by Simon who I thought had destroyed my anonymity, obviously not!!
Hello then :lol:
It's in the post!

Pedro

Hi Nellie,

Thanks for making yourself known to us at the weekend and thanks for handling our merch requirements so professionally.  :)

Love the EP - just a shame that the signatures rub-off in metallic flakes that can find their way onto the disc and make it skip  :(

Happy Christmas to all the fishy folk!  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nellie

OMG!
What a hazzard (it wasn't my idea). :oops:
It's in the post!

RacingHippo

Aha!
Nellie = Nellie!
If I'd known that I'd have said hello... differently  :lol:
Nice to have met you. Sort-of :P
* May contain nuts.

MikeEvs

Hi Nellie it's was good to meet you on Sunday and totally agree with you about Tinyfish's set which was just perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

Quote from: "Nellie"I know I didn't have a name badge on (as it was poo-pooed ;) ), but there was a public announcement by Simon who I thought had destroyed my anonymity, obviously not!!
Hello then :lol:

I heard it so knew who you where when I came to the merch table and any chance I have of anonymity goes right out of the window I could see the thought process going on in your head; Welsh accent+big camera= "you must be Mike" :)

johninblack

A couple of days have passed and I can now be sure my first thoughts are indeed  my veiw and not just "bigging it up" as part of a fantastic weekend. I thought at the time and still think that while different the Tinyfish acoustic set was every bit as good and perhaps even better than the full show, now the intimacy of the surroundings might have influenced my opinion somewhat and it's been a while since I've seen the full show. Big Kudos to Tinyfish for having the balls to get between Frost* and It Bites, do something different and do it so bloody well. I am mightily impressed Gentlemen.(again).
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Ash

I loved it, especially as it was so much longer than the Borderline gig.  I had thought there would have been a bigger turn out for it but was very happy to have a seat.  A seat at the Peel - bizarre.   :D
Ash
xxx

Ash

Sine Star Project were a bit Radiohead and not my sort of thing, they did impress a lot of the audience and seemed like a nice bunch of blokes.

I was very excited to see Tinyfish do an electric set for the first time in ages.  Choice of getting wound up by the crusty cocks and having a hell of a long drive and/or spending money on accommodation v seeing new stuff by Tinyfish, I was very happy with my decision.

If you like Tinyfish, the new stuff is in the same vein, no radical departures, you're going to get Tinyfish.  I am getting a tad impatient for the new stuff to be released.

Highlight for me as usual was watching the highly entertaining Leon who makes Animal seem quite placid.

Pics at my various places - myspace, facebook and photobucket - usual snap n shoot quality.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=1712250

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... =708751330

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s295 ... %20100109/

They are the same just whichever site you prefer to use.  (For strange people that aren't on facebook)

This gig was a prelim to their Poland gig which will be recorded for a DVD.  There were cameras around last night so stuff may surface at some point.  It was also nice to see a scattering of Frost* hoodies around.  :D   The turnout for a freezing cold Jan eve when the CRS awards were on was actually very good.
Ash
xxx

johninblack

Quote from: "Sarah"The turnout for a freezing cold Jan eve when the CRS awards were on was actually very good.

That's brilliant that! Glad you enjoyed it. How did the new stuff sound compared to the acoustic versions we had before xmas?
Most of the way home from Wath last night we played the "Special Christmas CD only available to you lucky people at the Peel House Of Progression on the Twenty-First Day of December 2008" CD. It is rather good and I'm actually liking it a touch more than the old songs and Sue? She has fallen head over heals in love with it. :D  :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Ash

Well the drumming is different  ;)

I think I prefer what style I heard first - the first album I prefer electric, the second album acoustic and the third double album electric.

Oh and Rob is sacked.  Leon is getting close.
Ash
xxx