Main Menu

Live

Started by EVP, January 09, 2009, 01:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVP

Anybody else dig these guys?  I've been going through a rediscovery phase with their
music and it still blows my mind to this day. It has left me wondering what happened
to good rock music these days. Most modern rock bands I've heard lately by far pale
in comparison to what these guys were doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJmNP86_ ... re=channel

RWA

OH yes, I love them. Saw them back in 2003; they were headlining a 4 band festival and Coldplay was one of the support acts. Imagine that!  :shock: Anyway, there were 30,000 people there and they blew everyone away.

I have to say their latest studio album was a dissapointment and frankly it's been 6 years all ready. What ever happened to them?!  :?

Lacklight

Mrs Lacklight loves them to bits and I think they're pretty good too. It's been just under 3 years since their last release (Songs From Black Mountain) so although it's not six years, it's high time for another release!  :D

RWA

Quote from: "Lacklight"Mrs Lacklight loves them to bits and I think they're pretty good too. It's been just under 3 years since their last release (Songs From Black Mountain) so although it's not six years, it's high time for another release!  :D
I stand corrected!  :oops:
I kinda missed that release to be honest. I was dissapointed by the 2003 album and left it there but I kept playing the older albums. Is SFBM any good?  :)

EVP

They just released a live album and DVD. It also has two new studio tracks on it.
One of them is streaming on the site and I'm kinda liking it.

http://www.friendsoflive.com/

I used to have "Throwing Copper" and that cd somehow disappeared on me.
I heard the local station playing Selling the Drama and it was like....BAM!!
A pleasant blast from the past. So that got me going on Youtube to find
their videos and of course...Likini's Juice. Their albums were always so well
recorded and produced.

They also have "Awake" their best of cd and DVD. I ran to the register to buy it
and got home to find it was only the CD version. Oh well! Nice to hear Ed hasn't
lost his voice at all 8-)

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "EVP"I used to have "Throwing Copper" and that cd somehow disappeared on me.

Snap.

I've just signed up for the wonder that is Last.fm.

I can see this is going to get expensive ;)  ;)  :roll:  :roll:
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Diffidentia

I'm a big fan of Throwing Copper and Secret Samadhi but I must admit they lost me after that.

landslug

Weird.. they're almost a local band around here, and I rarely hear anything about them