The Worm Cathedral With Jem Godfrey

Started by Jem, July 04, 2010, 11:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

Dave Stewart/Barbara Gaskin is wonderful.  gotta get more.

ChrisX

Man, doesn't Jem have a voice fit for radio?
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Ben Y-S

Both above statements are true. Jem, you listen to some seriously cool music.

ChrisX

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"What on EARTH is that you're playing the last 80 seconds?!?!  :shock:

It sounds an awful lot like the band Thought Industry.
--
Christian

L33VEY

So Rick Wakeman is leaving Planet Rock in Christmas Day and looking for a new home?

Surely the Dividing Line is an option?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Againesis

Ouch - Credit card now truely knackered! Just had to buy Lovefield: Vivid, Man On Fire: Habitat, Jon Hopkins: Insides and the Stewart/Gaskin: Big Idea.  £40 later...thanks Jem  ;)

Would have got the Jane Childs as well but not found it anywhere yet (I can't be doing with these mp3 download things) and fortunately have had all the Divine Comedy stuff for years.

I'm sure I spent the entire hour sitting on the train with my mouth wide open - particularly during the Hopkins....what a discovery!!
There are only 10 types of people]

L33VEY

So I'm guessing that our recent "tizz" was caused by a rogue Fanthom that didn't recognise it's Master?

Note to self - when music career takes off - beware the Fantom!   :twisted:
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Phrog

I'm part way through Point by Cornelius as I type this. This is chuffing excellent, thanks for the homework Jem!  :)

E.S.

Sounds wonderful so far. Currently at New Jerusalem, which I just love! Freakin sweet track.
I hope we'll have another show as soon as possible, this is brilliant  :D

ChrisX

Somehow this show worked it's magic because after I had finished listening to it earlier last week, I left for London for a week's holiday (incl. doing some record-shopping and going to gigs) and I ended up finding very cheap: G&C - Freeze Frame and Cornelius - Point. Actually I think I found both of them on the same in the same shop.
--
Christian

gav

I think it's great how you can really hear how these songs influenced Jem so much in his songwriting for Frost*, and that song that's in mono (Goodbye 20th century? can't remember the artist now- too pissed) has a really prominent Tinyfish sound to it (sounds a bit like The June Jar).

Fantastic stuff

Part 2 please? ;)
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!