I've got a secret to share :)

Started by Lerxst, November 07, 2008, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Philadelphia"*waits for the Pedro magic to kick in*
He's probably listened to this album more often and more carefully backwards than forwards at this point  :shock:
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

Quote from: "Philadelphia"*waits for the Pedro magic to kick in*
So am I!

I followed the LFE route and downoaded the the album from eMusic after postie handed me a sheaf of boring crap this morning. Can't stop playing the thing, of course!  :D

Which is at odds, my dear RH, with pulling on the headphones and twurgling around with reversing  clips and all that.

It sounds to me like Mr Kettley with his shipping forecast has been beaten to within an inch of his scrambled bits before the secret song but it could be Jem reading the instructions for a for a flat-pack gazebo for all I know - I haven't listened that closely. I have even less clue if that bit of audio could be recovered - without the help of Chloe from CTU rerouting the feeds via a secure buffer matrix on the mainframe....  ;)  

Yes, there's at least two chunks of morse-like stuff in there but so far I'm coming up with gibberish from it. I thought it was going to say something like "Its written in morse" but my dits and dahs are nothing if not rusty. The main problem is detecting the gaps between letters, particularly if they have been squezzed in places to make the code more rhythmic for the benefit of the music. When I put morse into HyperOrchestrate it was very tempting to ruin the morse cos it made for a better groove....wonder if morse operators ever accidentally "get with the beat"?  :)  

Anyway, on top of all this I have GuitarHero IV sitting waiting to be got into, people that want feeding, a body that seems to want to do the whole snoring thing again (Jeez it only seems like 22 hours since the last time! :roll: )!

Then there is LittleBigPlanet....it takes so long to get one 12 second scene set-up and running half-decently....tweak, try, fails, tweak, try, worse, tweak, try, better, re-think, rinse & repeat....only another 2 minutes 54 seconds to fill.... :roll:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Tricky

Even the mighty Pedro is humbled by the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day, and that he has a real life (sounds like many lives) to live  :shock:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Pedro

If by "mighty" you mean "full of might"....as in "might mow the lawn", "might finish decorating the bathroom" and so on, then you have me fully mapped out!  ;)

Drarok

As far as I know, mine hasn't arrived yet, but even if it did, it's being delivered to work, as nobody will be home. :(

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"Which is at odds, my dear RH, with pulling on the headphones and twurgling around with reversing  clips and all that.
God(s) forbid that I should ever accuse you of unhealthy amounts of twurgling, Pedro, ol' pal!
Consider any inadvertent insinuation duly retracted!
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

Mikey

Quote from: "Sean"I'm trapped in a timewarp
So am I.....Yorkshire
I used to have a signature

James_S

Quote from: "Mikey"
So am I.....Yorkshire

OI!

Less of that, or I'll have mi whippet at yer!

:D
So many keyboards, so little time!

RacingHippo

Quote from: "James_S"
So am I.....Yorkshire

OI!

Aye, an' I'll send t' pigeons on a bombing raid to thi 'ouse.
* May contain nuts.

James_S

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "James_S"
So am I.....Yorkshire

OI!

Aye, an' I'll send t' pigeons on a bombing raid to thi 'ouse.

eeee an you'll still ave change out of a farthin fer a bag o chips! :)
So many keyboards, so little time!

Mikey

Send't buggers on a search f't Postie
I used to have a signature