EIMA discussion and appriciation thread

Started by Qjimbo, November 16, 2008, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drarok

Quote from: "vkamicht"Love the direct reference to Milliontown  :D
What's this?

kyuwert

Quote from: "Gedfaz"Hate the drum machine... bin it Jem.... the two tracks I can hear it in are ruined by it... (well slightly spoiled anyway)

I know it's on Secret Song, Jem even said so in a report, but what's the other one?  :?:

Quote from: "Drarok"
Quote from: "vkamicht"Love the direct reference to Milliontown  :D
What's this?

The lyrics on the tour CD said "of another town", on EIMA it says "of a Milliontown"...  ;)

Gedfaz

Quote from: "LivingForever"
Quote from: "Gedfaz"There are extra bits to some of the frost reports... i would have liked it to be full screen though but i guess that would take up too much space. i would say that the dvd is a nice freebie but I guess at £16.50 for the full hit its not a freebie really is it.

How do you mean fullscreen? Do the reports come up in a little Youtube-style window instead of full size?

:?

Yep.... just a little bigger... there is an animated background with a whirly frost star/asterisk that is quite offputting. The menus are brilliant though and its exceptionally professional... When you click on the instrumental it tells you to find it in teh dvd root directory which is better because it means you can seperate the mP3s easier for bunging on a cd in your hifi.

The other drum bit kicks in at the start of welcome to nowhere and though its simple, short and was probably from the dur dur dur dur dur machine... I hate all drum machines with a passion. i think its because they signalled the start of the end for Genesis when 'he' came out from behind the drum kit (the one thing he was any good at).

Brom

Quote from: "Philadelphia"Well, there are those who claim that when you eat enough fiber your tummy can stomach anything (oh, that was bad...).
I have two questions, though.
1. Do you take your expandable foam insulation with any condiments?
2. Do you find that, when the foam expands, it flexes any of your abdominal muscles? If so, you can sell the stuff on television, right along with the sauna belts and all the other silly weight-loss gadgets. You could make loads of money, you know!

I came up with a brilliant Idea once. PTFE (Polytetraflouroethelyne) or Teflon as its known on the other side of the pond. A totally inert plastic. Easy to make as semolina like little balls then you mix it with your food to bulk it out. You can then eat twice as much for the same amount of calories!

Interestingly, as it's inert, non absorbing and is very easy to clean... it could be recyled!!  :)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

LivingForever

Quote from: "Gedfaz"Yep.... just a little bigger... there is an animated background with a whirly frost star/asterisk that is quite offputting. The menus are brilliant though and its exceptionally professional... When you click on the instrumental it tells you to find it in teh dvd root directory which is better because it means you can seperate the mP3s easier for bunging on a cd in your hifi.

The other drum bit kicks in at the start of welcome to nowhere and though its simple, short and was probably from the dur dur dur dur dur machine... I hate all drum machines with a passion. i think its because they signalled the start of the end for Genesis when 'he' came out from behind the drum kit (the one thing he was any good at).

Huh. That's slightly disappointing. But hey ho, it is only a bonus as you say. I like the instrumentals already being in MP3 though, that's useful rather than having to rip them.

What I like about the secret track is that is has Andy playing toms!! :-)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Drarok

Quote from: "vkamicht"The lyrics on the tour CD said "of another town", on EIMA it says "of a Milliontown"...  ;)
Blimey, you're right! I didn't even notice that, probably 'cause I keep singing along too loud to hear the lyrics. :oops:

NoMeNoYou

kyuwert

Quote from: "LivingForever"What I like about the secret track is that is has Andy playing toms!! :-)

Is it? Or are they just processed snares? On the February #2 and May reports, during the secret song snippets it just sounds like normal snare sound... definitely didn't expect it to turn out the way it did!

Jem

Quote from: "Gedfaz"Hate the drum machine... bin it Jem....

No.

kyuwert

I like the drum machine bits Jem, they give EIMA character.  :D

Qjimbo

Quote from: "SerFox"
Quote from: "Drarok"There are threads on that very topic, SerFox. eMusic (free trial), Play.com download (paid), etc etc.

But theyre talkijng about the dvd, hence my confusion

Yes, I got the DVD Special Edition from the Frost store yesterday... or rather my flatmate did and I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon.

Also jeez you guys really struggle to stay on topic don't you? Guess I'll have to wait for the U.S. release for a higher percentage of meaningful posts!*

I too also liked the Milliontown reference, even if it was a tad cheezy. Whats all this stuff about a drum machine? I can't say I had a problem with that at all, it fits well.

*edit: What I meant isn't that non-US people aren't capable of posting anything meaningful, just a lot of the forum population is from the US and as such can't offer a lot to this thread yet. I didn't realise how bad this sounded!
Industry!
Science and Technology!
*plink plink*
Big men, putting screwdrivers into things!
Turning them, and adjusting them!

Dave M

... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Gedfaz

Quote from: "Qjimbo"
Quote from: "SerFox"
Quote from: "Drarok"There are threads on that very topic, SerFox. eMusic (free trial), Play.com download (paid), etc etc.

But theyre talkijng about the dvd, hence my confusion

Yes, I got the DVD Special Edition from the Frost store yesterday... or rather my flatmate did and I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon.

Also jeez you guys really struggle to stay on topic don't you? Guess I'll have to wait for the U.S. release for a higher percentage of meaningful posts!

I too also liked the Milliontown reference, even if it was a tad cheezy. Whats all this stuff about a drum machine? I can't say I had a problem with that at all, it fits well.

Yes... The US release will bring a higher percentage of meaningful posts... I mean... Check out the political debate in the other thread!!!

But yes... I'm sure you didnt mean to insult us all... did you? :roll:

Its a hobby of ours to hijack threads.... and divert them...

Did you know that Salted Peanuts are actually good for you and not at all fattening accordiing to a top US scientist, because they are not entirely metabolised...

I like nuts.... Whats your favourite type of nut? Not me I'll warrant!  :mrgreen:  
 :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

LivingForever

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "Gedfaz"Hate the drum machine... bin it Jem....

No.

Isn't most of the 'drumming' on Milliontown actually not real? I didn't hear anyone complaining about that...  ;)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Qjimbo

Quote from: "Gedfaz"But yes... I'm sure you didnt mean to insult us all... did you? :roll:
Course not, I simply meant that a lot of people here are from the U.S. and as such haven't heard the album yet, meaning they can't really add a lot to the thread.
Industry!
Science and Technology!
*plink plink*
Big men, putting screwdrivers into things!
Turning them, and adjusting them!