Frost* E.I.M.A. Total Rock Session & H.O.P. at The Peel info

Started by Twang, November 10, 2008, 04:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeRocks81

Quote from: "El_Presidente"Just at the end now - really enjoyed that show.
Dear Dead Days the standout for me.

But, how pissed is/was Mitchell?!?!

ok this is one of those times where I have to ask, do you mean he was angry or drunk?  I can never tell

gareth

Ok, so did any souls out there end up recording this?

Would have thought you guys would be all over this by now!  :)

Drarok

I too would like to know if there's a recording of this...

Big Black Shed

+1.

I caught about 20 minutes.

Then I had to catch a train to Cardiff for the rugby. And the rest of the day / night turned in to soap-opera. Concluding with a "mate" visiting Cardiif A&E with a HUGE cut in his head and concussion. Got home at 6am Saturday with a very empty wallet.

Mates, ehhh.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

catherine

Twang

Don't Panic Capt Mannering!!! The show will be sent to Jem very soon. I believe the first interview we did 2 yrs ago is being put up on the FROST* site as well as Fridays. ;)

Philadelphia

"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Twang

I have just been informed that the show with Jem & John a couple of weeks ago is an official Record Breaker! It broke all records for listener figures.

Bow down XFM, Virgin, Craptial, Kerrap Radio, Planet Rock, Absolute & the Beeb!! Bow Down!!!!!!! :D

I have been given a copy of the RECORD BREAKING 3 hr show. This will be given to Jem who can do whatever he wishes with it. Ya know I actually feel like I've achieved something this year.

Thanks to Jem & John and most of all You lot, you Fantastic Frosties*, converted Emo's, Prog & Metal Fans Worldwide who shocked the music media with the amount of hits.

It is industry standard apparently that people listen to an averege of 20 mins. This was blown right out of the water with a massive 2-3hrs of constant listening.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!! :D  :D  :D

MikeEvs

Philadelphia

That's wonderful, Twang, and it was a great show!  (:-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

AnsOnkruid

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

El_Presidente

Quote from: "XeRocks81"
Quote from: "El_Presidente"Just at the end now - really enjoyed that show.
Dear Dead Days the standout for me.

But, how pissed is/was Mitchell?!?!

ok this is one of those times where I have to ask, do you mean he was angry or drunk?  I can never tell

Sorry mate - I meant 'rat arsed'.
Otherwise known as having imbibed one too many shandies.
Elephant's trunk.
Wearing one clog and one pump.

-------------------

Or, if you prefer (curtesy of the BBC website), in aphabetical order:-

Ankled (Bristol)

Badgered, Banjaxed, Battered, Befuggered, Bernard Langered, Bladdered, Blasted, Blathered, Bleezin, Blitzed, Blootered, Blottoed, Bluttered, Boogaloo, Brahms & Liszt, Buckled, Burlin

Cabbaged, Chevy Chased, Clobbered

Decimated, Dot Cottoned, Druck-steaming, Drunk as a Lord, Drunk as a skunk

Etched

Fecked, Fleemered (Germany), Four to the floor

Gatted, Goosed, Got my beer goggles on, Guttered (Inverness)

Had a couple of shickers, Hammer-blowed, Hammered, Hanging, Having the whirlygigs, Howling

Inebriated, Intoxicated

Jahalered, Jaiked up (West of Scotland), Jan'd - abbrev for Jan Hammered, Jaxied, Jeremied, Jolly

Kaned

Lagged up, Lamped, Langered (Ireland) [also langers, langerated], Laroped, or alt. larrupt, Lashed, Leathered, Legless, Liquored up (South Carolina), Locked, Locked out of your mind (Ireland), Loo la

Mad wey it, Mandoo-ed, Mangled, Manky, Mashed, Meff'd, Merl Haggard, Merry, Minced, Ming-ho, Minging, Moired, Monged, Monkey-full, Mottled, Mullered

Newcastled, Nicely irrigated with horizontal lubricant

Off me pickle, Off me trolley, On a campaign, Out of it, Out yer tree

Paggered, Palintoshed, Paraletic, Peelywally, Peevied, Pickled, Pie-eyed, Pished, Plastered, Poleaxed, Pollatic

Rat-legged (Stockport), Ratted, Ravaged, Razzled, Reek-ho, Rendered, Rosy glow, Rubbered, Ruined

Saying hello to Mr Armitage, Scattered, Schindlers, Screwed, Scuttered (Dublin), Shedded [as in " My shed has collapsed taking most of the fence with it"], Slaughtered, Sloshed, Smashed, Snatered (Ireland), Snobbled (Wales), Sozzled, Spangled, Spannered, Spiffed, Spongelled, Squiffy, Steamin, Steampigged, Stocious, Stonkin

Tanked, Tashered, Tipsy, Trashed, Trollied, Troubled, Trousered, Twisted

Warped, Wasted, Wellied, With the fairies, Wrecked

Zombied
Never trust a man who, when left alone with a tea cosey, doesn\'t try it on.  B Connolly.

catherine

Drarok

I've not heard this show, is there a way to hear it after the fact? I see there's podcasts of other shows, but not the one I want... :(

El_Presidente

Quote from: "catherine"Ah, so he wasn't entirely sober, then?
I can see that some on the forum might see me as casting some negative vibes about here regarding JM, so I wanted to clear up that this is certainly not the case at all.  His performance on the Total Rock session was entertainment personified.

But in my opinion, he'd certainly been on the same tablets as Kerry Katona, let me put it that way.
Never trust a man who, when left alone with a tea cosey, doesn\'t try it on.  B Connolly.